Pegi Age

Started by Edward2206, May 08, 2016, 02:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

As Cultist said, there's very little in the way of graphic content.  I don't think anyone else commented on sexual content, so I'll do that: there's 2 characters in a double bed with hearts floating over them, the occasional character who is Gay, and animal babies (no animal mating - just pregnancy and babies).  I actually know a family that plays RimWorld together, even though the kids' ages are all single digits.

keylocke

maturity is about level of understanding, rather than "age".

when i was a kid in gradeschool way back when, i managed to talk my conservative christian parents into letting me play diablo, using logic.. so lels.   ;D

cultist

Quote from: keylocke on May 10, 2016, 11:35:16 PM

when i was a kid in gradeschool way back when, i managed to talk my conservative christian parents into letting me play diablo, using logic.. so lels.   ;D

Diablo is a game about killing Satan. I don't see the problem. :D

mumblemumble

While it covers very odd stuff,  its very simple in presenting it,  so death and such is only as horrific as the loss of the victim. (losing a good colonist can get emotional.)

I personally think it is a great game for young people as it teaches resource management,  critical thinking,  dealing with delemas,  flexibility, ect.  Rating wise, even if the very vague representations of sex (literally just hearts over 2 sleeping people) drinking,  and cannibalism somehow earns an m for mature,  its nowhere near as potentially emotionally warping as say,  gta.  At least in my experience..

Overall i think the benefits of learning outweigh any attepts to have sex with someone by holding up paper hearts :D
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Thane

Quote from: mumblemumble on May 11, 2016, 12:26:54 PM
Overall i think the benefits of learning outweigh any attepts to have sex with someone by holding up paper hearts :D

I'm a gonna try this. Just to see the look on their face. XD
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

hunter2012

Quote from: cultist on May 11, 2016, 09:10:21 AM
Quote from: keylocke on May 10, 2016, 11:35:16 PM

Diablo is a game about killing Satan. I don't see the problem. :D
my very conservative christian aunt thought it was about worshiping satan and was use as an example of how video games were corrupting the youth or some such nonsense. point being the his parents probly didnt know what it was about before siad logical arguments all they needed to know is there was a demon on the cover

Negocromn

It's funny that rimworld has zero graphical content that could be problematic, but at the same time has more controversial features than pretty much any game out there.

You can torture people, remove their body parts, make them starve to death, eat them or feed them to your turtles, skin their corpses and make human leather dusters, etc, etc.

cultist

Quote from: Negocromn on May 11, 2016, 04:31:38 PM
It's funny that rimworld has zero graphical content that could be problematic, but at the same time has more controversial features than pretty much any game out there.

You can torture people, remove their body parts, make them starve to death, eat them or feed them to your turtles, skin their corpses and make human leather dusters, etc, etc.

It all comes at a cost though. You need to keep a very sharp eye on moods if you do a lot of "evil" things. Colonies can fall apart really fast if everyone gets too large a negative mood boost at the same time.

Vaporisor

And not even colony wide.  Just takes that one crafter, warden, grower, etc.  While rimworld cascades are more recoverable than dwarf fortress, it can still be serious work to recover.  In tough times, I have actually arrested my own colonists to keep them under control.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

zandadoum

Quote from: RazorHed on May 08, 2016, 03:56:31 PM
WOW I applaud your parents !  It seems lately that parents don't really care much about what their children do , but yours do . :)
+1 too