Unable to remove scyther blades

Started by Entropy147, May 12, 2016, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Entropy147

I originally put this on mod help as I thought it was one of the mods I had installed messing up the game, however, one fresh unmodded game later and the issue persists, the issue is that when you check the operations tab on a downed scythe even with intact blades, no option to remove them shows.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

and deffo downed, not dead?

if the answers yes you have a proper bug it seems. Post your output.log in that case.

Entropy147

yeah, properly downed (not dead) by my resident sniper guy, when this happens no error shows up in the debug menu, might take me a while to sift through it, much to my avail I installed a mod pack about an hour ago. (do you want me to post my full output.log? it would alleviate the need to sift through it all)

skullywag

yeah play the vanilla load where this is happening try what you can to get the blade off and then close the game and upload the log file.

Entropy147

Initialize engine version: 4.6.3f1 (4753d8b6ef2b)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [igdumdim32.dll 10.18.10.3958]
    Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Vendor:   Intel
    VRAM:     912 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=1 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=1 SlowINTZ=0
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: C:\Users\James\Desktop\RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\James\Desktop\RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\James\Desktop\RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\James\Desktop\RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\James\Desktop\RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\James\Desktop\RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\James\Desktop\RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\James\Desktop\RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\James\Desktop\RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\James\Desktop\RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.093 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0
Platform assembly: C:\Users\James\Desktop\RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Users\James\Desktop\RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Users\James\Desktop\RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
RimWorld 0.13.1135 rev816

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Platform assembly: C:\Users\James\Desktop\RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
UnloadTime: 2.304101 ms
Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 22 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 5682.
Total: 58.070656 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.371758 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.607242 ms MarkObjects: 56.057346 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.083246 ms)

Platform assembly: C:\Users\James\Desktop\RimWorld1135Win\RimWorld1135Win_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
Initializing new game with mods Core

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

skullywag

Well that all lools very normal. I suggest starting in dev mod spawning a few scythers and damaging them until downed (dev tool has some options for this) and seeing what you can do. It may be youve found a bug.

milon

I can confirm.  I dev mode spawned a Scyther, then dev mode Downed Pawn.  The only bill possible under Modifications is Shut down.  Screenshot attached.  This is from early in a game, and haven't researched much.  Is there any research required for this bill to be available?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Entropy147

I haven't seen any research for surgery on scythers, and I also tried spawning scythers in with dev tools and downing them, I got the same result.

skullywag

dev mode finish all research and retry to be sure.

Entropy147

Yeah, I've tried it, no difference.

ison