[A13] Spacious, yet crowded

Started by milon, May 13, 2016, 01:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

See screenshot, unmodded RimWorld A13.  Not totally certain this is a bug, but it's confusing.  At night, a colonist was complaining of her room being crowded while being happy for the spacious interior.  There was no decay timer on either moodlet.  There is a Labrador sleeping in the room, if that matters.

You should be able to replicate this just by looking at the picture.  I removed a couple walls and she quit complaining, don't have an earlier save to provide.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Xav

I'm actually a little surprised that you received the spacious buff at all....I find that one to be a fairly small room :\

viperwasp

Does this have anything to do with the fact that the room has a path leading off to the left and there seems to be a corner spot missing? I have always build rooms in a complete box in. In this picture there is an empty corner could that somehow make the room larger or something?
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

milon

Good thought, but no.  Rooms are defined by the edge-adjacent cells, and it's fine to leave out corners.  (At least, it should be fine.  If that's the culprit, then it's one weird bug!)

skullywag

the spacious is from the room stats, the crowded is from the number of pawns currently in the room. Or that spacious thought is an old one (is this one that lingers?)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

milon

Neither moodlet said anything about a decay timer, and I'm pretty sure they're instant anyway.  But I think you might be right about room size vs # pawns.

Damien Hart

Pawns' moods freeze while they sleep.

The spacious moodlet is coming from the space bar. You can see the "real" spaciousness of the room from the white arrow, but because the bar hadn't reached the "real" value when the colonist went to sleep, the moodlet persists while their mood is frozen.

Tynan

I'll remove Crowded since it's now redundant with Cramped.

However in your screenshot you'll note that the space need is still holding over data from before; the white destination arrow is quite low. Your pawn will get cramped after a while.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog