Mustache mod

Started by Gabe C, May 13, 2016, 04:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabe C

How about a mod that adds all sorts of mustaches like the Chaplin stash?
If you think about it, than it will be possible within one of many infinite universes.

chchgreen

i agree! my pawns dont look western enough without some manly upper lips!

HolyWinter

I "Mustache" anyone out the to please make this a thing.

...ehhh? ...Ehhh? 8)
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
Find me on Steam and also follow my curator page!
My Steam Page.
~Holy

joaonunes

Quote from: HolyWinter on May 20, 2016, 09:30:01 PM

...ehhh? ...Ehhh? 8)

Eheheheheheh xD seriously though... All the pawns look too similar and it freaks me out... They look like clones with different hair and skin colour, no extra features
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Gabe C

Quote from: joaonunes on May 22, 2016, 07:57:35 PM

...ehhh? ...Ehhh? 8)

Eheheheheheh xD seriously though... All the pawns look too similar and it freaks me out... They look like clones with different hair and skin colour, no extra features
I would agree with you
If you think about it, than it will be possible within one of many infinite universes.

joaonunes

Quote from: ConnivingCougar on May 23, 2016, 03:15:53 PM
Quote from: joaonunes on May 22, 2016, 07:57:35 PM

...ehhh? ...Ehhh? 8)

I would agree with you

how hard can this mod be compared to, lets say, Combat Realism? :P

joaonunes

There was an old mod, https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9505.0 , which added different eye textures to help differentiate men from women, and it seems to be only texture files...

EDIT: You know what? Rimsenal's Hair pack is very similar AND updated to A13. I suck at image editing but I'll try to add some 'staches to pawns :D Maybe it'll be my first mod? :):):)

joaonunes

Something like this? This is a "cheated" version, not really working yet, but at least they show up xD

HolyWinter

Quote from: joaonunes on May 23, 2016, 04:18:53 PM
Something like this? This is a "cheated" version, not really working yet, but at least they show up xD

I tip my hat off to you sir!

Nothing like a fine bit of hair lip to make a colonist look a bit manly.
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
My Steam Page.
~Holy

joaonunes

Quote from: HolyWinter on May 23, 2016, 04:59:08 PM
Quote from: joaonunes on May 23, 2016, 04:18:53 PM

I tip my hat off to you sir!

Nothing like a fine bit of hair lip to make a colonist look a bit manly.

This is a cheated version because all I did was paste some hair on the vanilla's texture without actually adding new "faces". Will try to add more faces (with hair of course) and see if they still work

EDIT: Yeah... not going to happen.... I think I need defs to be able to add more faces to the game just like happens with Rinsenal's Hair pack, but those defs do not exist for faces, so at the moment I don't think it is possible... It is however possible to replace the default faces with new ones without any kind of problem, that is basically what I did :/

panggul_mas

Quote from: joaonunes on May 23, 2016, 03:27:24 PM
There was an old mod, https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9505.0 , which added different eye textures to help differentiate men from women, and it seems to be only texture files...

Even though the author has not official updated Individual appearance, this mod works as-is perfectly fine in A13.

joaonunes

Quote from: panggul_mas on May 23, 2016, 05:36:10 PM
Quote from: joaonunes on May 23, 2016, 03:27:24 PM

Even though the author has not official updated Individual appearance, this mod works as-is perfectly fine in A13.

Yes it does, because it only replaces the vanilla textures, it does not add any new ones. Because I did not test it properly I assumed it should not be working but a quick test proved I was wrong... Texture files' structure did not change from the last version, so all is good :D

joaonunes

UNLESS... I use the already existing HairsDefs and extend the png to also have a beard, plus I could couple hair types with the beards/mustaches :D

EDIT:
Nope... that would mean that when a pawn equipped a hat the mustache would also disappear...

joaonunes

I don't think it is possible to add mustaches like I wanted... I wanted to add them just like people can add hair but it seems to be impossible to do that with the current code permissions (HeadDefs or something similar is needed, correct me if there's an alternative).

There are three options:
- Wait for the game to add the needed Defs;
- Add the mustaches as if they were hair (merging both textures), with the disadvantage of having no mustache visible when a hat is equipped;
- Replace the existing faces with ones with mustaches on. The disadvantage is that EVERY colonist with that face type (there are only a few...) will have a mustache...

HolyWinter

Quote from: joaonunes on May 24, 2016, 10:00:48 AM
- Replace the existing faces with ones with mustaches on. The disadvantage is that EVERY colonist with that face type (there are only a few...) will have a mustache...

That is a lot of mustaches...

It's not ideal but what if you just turn this into a "Fake" facial hair mod that sits like a hat but positioned on the face? I think the unappealing course of this would be everyone would be bald with it equipped.  :-\
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
My Steam Page.
~Holy