Mustache mod

Started by Gabe C, May 13, 2016, 04:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaonunes

Quote from: HolyWinter on May 24, 2016, 12:15:22 PM
Quote from: joaonunes on May 24, 2016, 10:00:48 AM
- Replace the existing faces with ones with mustaches on. The disadvantage is that EVERY colonist with that face type (there are only a few...) will have a mustache...

That is a lot of mustaches...

It's not ideal but what if you just turn this into a "Fake" facial hair mod that sits like a hat but positioned on the face? I think the unappealing course of this would be everyone would be bald with it equipped.  :-\

Not if I also used some hair along with the mustache. The hat would be like a wig + mustache, is that what you are saying?

It could work... different stats for different mustache types... would also "change" the hair of the pawns (because hats remove the hair from the pawns). You want me to give it a try?
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

HolyWinter

Quote from: joaonunes on May 24, 2016, 12:19:51 PM
- Replace the existing faces with ones with mustaches on. The disadvantage is that EVERY colonist with that face type (there are only a few...) will have a mustache...

It's not ideal but what if you just turn this into a "Fake" facial hair mod that sits like a hat but positioned on the face? I think the unappealing course of this would be everyone would be bald with it equipped.  :-\

Not if I also used some hair along with the mustache. The hat would be like a wig + mustache, is that what you are saying?

It could work... different stats for different mustache types... would also "change" the hair of the pawns (because hats remove the hair from the pawns). You want me to give it a try?

That's not a bad idea at all, as long as it worked just fine with EDB prepare carefully and other npc pawns start with it equipped the only real "off" thing about it would be equipping and unequipping it I think.

Really though it is what it is and seems like the best thing to work with for now unless something is implemented to allow independent mustaches or a possible hard coding to get it in.

I'd say go for it unless you think other wise. Suppose it can't hurt.
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
Find me on Steam and also follow my curator page!
My Steam Page.
~Holy

joaonunes

Quote from: HolyWinter on May 24, 2016, 12:26:51 PM
Quote from: joaonunes on May 24, 2016, 12:19:51 PM

That's not a bad idea at all, as long as it worked just fine with EDB prepare carefully and other npc pawns start with it equipped the only real "off" thing about it would be equipping and unequipping it I think.

Really though it is what it is and seems like the best thing to work with for now unless something is implemented to allow independent mustaches or a possible hard coding to get it in.

I'd say go for it unless you think other wise. Suppose it can't hurt.

This mod would act exactly like Apparello, which only adds clothing to the game, but my clothes would only be "new" hats :P I said "new" because I would probably end up using the kevlar helmet with a mustache for example just to have a mustache with armor.

I will check out what is needed to add new hats to the game and then I'll come back and say whether  I'll go ahead or not.

HolyWinter

Sounds good!  :D

I'll eagerly await a response in the mean time.
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
My Steam Page.
~Holy

joaonunes

Quote from: HolyWinter on May 24, 2016, 12:37:59 PM
Sounds good!  :D

I'll eagerly await a response in the mean time.

I can use new heads like I originaly wanted, just waiting for permissions to use the dll from MVP

joaonunes

Status update: I edited the dll to fix an error it had, created a basic set of mustaches and a basic layout for the forum page the mod will have.

The mustaches will be ADDED as NEW HEADS, not hats nor hairs, thanks to the dll :D

Everything will go live as soon as the creator of the dll gives me permission to use his assets :/

HolyWinter

Quote from: joaonunes on May 24, 2016, 08:42:22 PM
Status update: I edited the dll to fix an error it had, created a basic set of mustaches and a basic layout for the forum page the mod will have.

The mustaches will be ADDED as NEW HEADS, not hats nor hairs, thanks to the dll :D

Everything will go live as soon as the creator of the dll gives me permission to use his assets :/

Awesome!

Fingers crossed.  :-X
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
My Steam Page.
~Holy

joaonunes

Quote from: HolyWinter on May 24, 2016, 08:57:32 PM

Awesome!

Would you mind if I use your sentence as the catch phrase or slogan for the mod?
"Nothing like a fine bit of hair lip to make a colonist look a bit manly."?
It just looks and sounds awesome xD

Fluffy (l2032)

@joa, in case you missed the other one, the dll I pointed you to was actually mine, feel free to use it!

joaonunes

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 25, 2016, 02:09:20 AM
@joa, in case you missed the other one, the dll I pointed you to was actually mine, feel free to use it!

I noticed it :)

joaonunes

HolyWinter

Quote from: joaonunes on May 24, 2016, 09:01:48 PM
Quote from: HolyWinter on May 24, 2016, 08:57:32 PM

Awesome!

Would you mind if I use your sentence as the catch phrase or slogan for the mod?
"Nothing like a fine bit of hair lip to make a colonist look a bit manly."?
It just looks and sounds awesome xD

I would be honored.  ;)
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
My Steam Page.
~Holy