[A15] Expanded Traits and Misc Mods

Started by TheFlameTouched, May 14, 2016, 03:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are the Trait rolls about right?

No, Higher tier traits barely ever roll for me.
5 (29.4%)
No, I have too many Higher tier traits.
0 (0%)
Yes, It's just right
7 (41.2%)
Yes, I have lots of higher tier traits
0 (0%)
Whole system needs redoing
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 19, 2016, 02:51:04 PM

TheFlameTouched

Just a small mod that introduces 35 48 49? 53 (May of miscounted) new traits into the game. The new traits are aimed mostly at making your pawns more interesting and more capable, all at once. The traits are a mixture of traits and mini backstories but they all fall under the trait section. For now they mostly add skill bonuses and de-buffs according to their classes but a few do have other effects. (I'm still learning.) All traits will appear on all pawns, however quite a few traits cancel each other out, and others are rare enough to have a relatively low spawn rate.

Included on this page are other small mods of mine, such as the Grenade fix (updated to A15 by Dingo) and a Stun turret mod (which will soon become a full set of "non-lethal" weapons.)

Stun Turret: Adds a single turret, that will knock enemies out. Due to limitations with the hediff's stun turrets can in fact be lethal and can kill instead of stunning. However, my own testing has shown a roughly 60% chance to stun instead of kill. Mileage may vary since damage resistance, previous consciousness levels and the amount of times hit with a stun bullet can vary the chances of death.

Stun turrets have limited range and fire in single shots. Two stun rounds should incapacitate a target, and anymore will result in a kill. It is not recommended to use these against your own pawns, due to the inconsistencies caused by numerous features.

Grenade fix has been removed and a link to Grenade Fix Reloaded by Dingo has been provided.

DownloadsExpanded Traits
                  Grenade Fix
                  Stun Turret

Compatibility: The Expanded Traits Pack will work with any other mod, except if they introduce a trait, mental state or related Def with the exact same name as mine. The Grenade and Launchers Fix will work
with any mod that doesn't change the same lines they do. And finally the Stun turret mod will be compatible with absolutely every mod, unless they completely redo the way turrets and hediffs are treated by the game.

License: Feel free to include it in any mod-packs and mods that you want to as long as you give credit. No monetization in any way please.

Credit
: TheFlameTouched, RazorHed, Dingo and Peppson for the wikipage. Special thanks to everyone who has made suggestions!

Change log: Expanded Traits
v.1 - Initial Release.
v.1.1 -  Typo fixes and slight rebalancing, fixed errors.
v.1.2 - Added more traits (Total added comes to 48, there are 46 traits in vanilla, therefore there are now 94 traits) Rebalanced the roll rates on most traits, Rarest traits now have a 5% chance instead of 1% chance. Fixed a few bugs (no more +50% paranoid mental break :o).
v.1.2a - Fixed grammar mistakes and allowed for the survivor trait to roll naturally. Fixed Cultist giving both happy and sad reactions from Psychic Drones.
v.1.3 - Updated for A14. Reworked Roll Rates, Rebuilt several traits, Fully Implemented 4 special traits (hopefully).
v.1.3.1 - Fixed Religious and Cultist trait(hopefully)
v.1.3.1.1 - Actually Fixed Religious, Numb, Naive, Fanatic and Cultist traits.
v.1.4 - Official A15 Update. Added Mental State Traits. Standardized naming scheme, Post, Folder and Directory are all Expanded Traits now.
v.1.4.1 - Fully Implemented new traits.

Change log: Grenade Fix
v.1 - Official A15 Release by Dingo

Change log: Stun Turret
v.1 - Official A15 Release

viperwasp

I am putting together a new personal mod pack for my next game/colony. This one may end up in the package. But none the less it's interesting. Thanks.

•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Nanao-kun

vteam

Savegame friendly? Will like to try it out.  :)

RazorHed

Yes  , unless there's already a mod that modifies Thoughts_SocialConditional or Thoughts_Memories. Even then it shouldn't cause too much trouble

TheFlameTouched

Quote from: RazorHed on May 15, 2016, 02:32:59 AM
Yes  , unless there's already a mod that modifies Thoughts_SocialConditional or Thoughts_Memories. Even then it shouldn't cause too much trouble

As Razor said, and they should occur frequently in terms of if you look at a trade caravan, at least one will have a new trait.

lost_RD

How about this one:

Insomniac: Needs less sleep but is always tired and works a bit slower as a result (+20% rest efficiency, -10% work efficiency)

TheFlameTouched

Quote from: lost_RD on May 15, 2016, 07:23:18 PM
How about this one:

Insomniac: Needs less sleep but is always tired and works a bit slower as a result (+20% rest efficiency, -10% work efficiency)

Believe it or not but I've already considered something like that, however I can't do C# coding which would be required for that. Maybe later when I've had time to learn

Clibanarius

How about this one:

What the HELL, I just came to this thread to post this exact idea. Although my thought was have them TIRE less, rather than sleep more efficiently/effectively. I just want something that makes my pawns less reliant on sleep and food. Going back home to sleep interrupts their mining too much! :P

TheFlameTouched

Quote from: Clibanarius on May 16, 2016, 12:28:59 AM
How about this one:

What the HELL, I just came to this thread to post this exact idea. Although my thought was have them TIRE less, rather than sleep more efficiently/effectively. I just want something that makes my pawns less reliant on sleep and food. Going back home to sleep interrupts their mining too much! :P

I'll definitely be taking a crack at attempting to do something with insomnia, seeing as everyone suggests it :p

Clibanarius

Seeing as how traits matter way more than backgrounds, I say this mod'll be important in the future. Just keep thinking up creative things to throw in there. Ask for help from some of the more experienced modders if you need to, if implementation isn't at your current skill/knowledge level. This community is pretty open and awesome, in my experience.

TheFlameTouched

Quote from: Clibanarius on May 16, 2016, 12:44:54 AM
Seeing as how traits matter way more than backgrounds, I say this mod'll be important in the future. Just keep thinking up creative things to throw in there. Ask for help from some of the more experienced modders if you need to, if implementation isn't at your current skill/knowledge level. This community is pretty open and awesome, in my experience.

Yea they are pretty helpful and friendly. I actually started this so I could learn more about the coding and implementing. I should (if nothing breaks) have at least 20 or so new traits available later today.

Clibanarius

Later today? Damn, that's some good turn-around time.

TheFlameTouched

This is why I'm asking for suggestions, I have a bit of time on my hands and I don't need sleep either :p.

joaonunes

Quote from: TheFlameTouched on May 16, 2016, 02:36:52 AM
This is why I'm asking for suggestions, I have a bit of time on my hands and I don't need sleep either :p.

Give me your life please, I need it for school ;_;
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!