[A15] Expanded Traits and Misc Mods

Started by TheFlameTouched, May 14, 2016, 03:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are the Trait rolls about right?

No, Higher tier traits barely ever roll for me.
5 (29.4%)
No, I have too many Higher tier traits.
0 (0%)
Yes, It's just right
7 (41.2%)
Yes, I have lots of higher tier traits
0 (0%)
Whole system needs redoing
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 19, 2016, 02:51:04 PM

TheFlameTouched

Interesting line of thought to follow, however I can not into brain right now, got some potential ideas for me to attempt?

Sarelth

Obvious ones would be linking skills that work well together, possibly add a mood modifier to the skill use if possible, then find some equal skill to lower and/or give a mood penalty for use of.

Start with low skill mods.

Battle Senses: +1 Shoot, +1 Melee, -1 social - When in combat they get a +2 Mood boost.
Battle Mind: +3 Shoot, +2 Melee, -2 social - When in Combat they get a +4 Mood boost.

Not sure if the mood boost would work, but its an idea.

TheFlameTouched

Thats actually a great idea. Hang on, give me like... 20min? and I'll throw you something along those lines.

Fluffe

How about some traits that increase the odds of taming a animal or recruiting some one? (if there are already traits like this just ignore me then lol)

TheFlameTouched

Quote from: Fluffe on July 22, 2016, 12:42:36 PM
How about some traits that increase the odds of taming a animal or recruiting some one? (if there are already traits like this just ignore me then lol)

I'm not sure how to do this, however, that doesn't mean I won't give it a try.

Unfortunately to do this I would need to do C# coding, which is not happening at the moment. Perhaps in the future.

Dante King

This is possibly one of my favorite mods, b/c enforcers are glorious!

ithikari

Is it possible to request maybe a less hardcore version? I find Enforcer, commando and other traits have a high bonus which ends up slightly uneven.

TheFlameTouched

The two that you mentioned are supposed to be stronger, You can change the commonality of them if you're seeing them too often

ithikari

Quote from: TheFlameTouched on July 23, 2016, 06:48:57 AM
The two that you mentioned are supposed to be stronger, You can change the commonality of them if you're seeing them too often

It's not that, it's that +8 for both melee and shooting and 50% accuracy and -%50 shooting speed + melee hit chance 125x seems a bit excessive and overpowered to me. I love the mod btw.

TheFlameTouched

The idea behind the stats being the way they are is that they're supposed to be substantially rarer than the other combat related traits. i wanted them strong on purpose, because i enjoy the thought of having to deal with such a strong attacker and the achievement that winning that fight should be, or having a pawn that is so strong and allows you to take a bit more punishment from the AI because of it. I will however see about uploading a slightly weaker version of the two in a separate pack. Thanks for the feedback! :D

ithikari

Quote from: TheFlameTouched on July 23, 2016, 10:27:51 AM
The idea behind the stats being the way they are is that they're supposed to be substantially rarer than the other combat related traits. i wanted them strong on purpose, because i enjoy the thought of having to deal with such a strong attacker and the achievement that winning that fight should be, or having a pawn that is so strong and allows you to take a bit more punishment from the AI because of it. I will however see about uploading a slightly weaker version of the two in a separate pack. Thanks for the feedback! :D

It's not that. I feel that Commando should be shooting while enforcer should purely be melee. As in one compliments the other but not both. That way you still have a strong shooter who may suck at melee that you wanna keep at a distance and have a strong melee who you don't want to own a gun or else he may shoot someone behind him, etc. That way you don't have just some bad ass motherfucker who can do anything, and that limitations are set and strategies are needed to counter what you're weak at/what they're weak at.

TheFlameTouched

Ah I understand what you mean now. To be honest if I did something like this I'd probably rename the commando to better suit a melee role and change that trait, because the enforcers are a references to something else I'm working on and I like the idea of them as is :D

ithikari

Quote from: TheFlameTouched on July 23, 2016, 10:38:00 AM
Ah I understand what you mean now. To be honest if I did something like this I'd probably rename the commando to better suit a melee role and change that trait, because the enforcers are a references to something else I'm working on and I like the idea of them as is :D

If I may ask, why is cannibal a conflicted trait with killer? I might edit the mod around and see what I come up with and send it to you.

TheFlameTouched

Had them conflicting because of similar yet different thoughtdefs that have since been removed. An oversight.

Fluffe

cuproPanda Did it with the amulet mod maby try looking at that from my understanding you dont need to mess with C# Could be wrong though