[A15] Expanded Traits and Misc Mods

Started by TheFlameTouched, May 14, 2016, 03:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are the Trait rolls about right?

No, Higher tier traits barely ever roll for me.
5 (29.4%)
No, I have too many Higher tier traits.
0 (0%)
Yes, It's just right
7 (41.2%)
Yes, I have lots of higher tier traits
0 (0%)
Whole system needs redoing
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 19, 2016, 02:51:04 PM

Clibanarius

I wish I knew how to do something modding-wise. I'm currently on sabbatical from work due to depression and chronic pain, so modding would be right up my alley. As it stands, I'm just dicking around with Rimworld a whole lot without it actually contributing to the community. :(

TheFlameTouched

Quote from: joaonunes on May 16, 2016, 11:33:36 AM
Quote from: TheFlameTouched on May 16, 2016, 02:36:52 AM
This is why I'm asking for suggestions, I have a bit of time on my hands and I don't need sleep either :p.

Give me your life please, I need it for school ;_;

You don't want my life :P I have an extremely active Giant Schnauzer cross husky puppy. Theres no such thing as rest.

Quote from: Clibanarius on May 16, 2016, 12:21:24 PM
I wish I knew how to do something modding-wise. I'm currently on sabbatical from work due to depression and chronic pain, so modding would be right up my alley. As it stands, I'm just dicking around with Rimworld a whole lot without it actually contributing to the community. :(

Thats perfectly fine :P at least you're having fun. If you want to try learn modding we can do it together :D

joaonunes

just saying because of the "I don't need sleep either" xD

By the way, what are those 20 new traits you are creating?
I kinda got interested in this mod because of adding new traits but have not installed it yet because although the ones available right now are mostly great for a militarized colony they seem to put crafting, etc a bit back, plus I don't really know how the rates will be, kinda afraid of having half my colony having a debuff for the "essential" jobs...

Can we have a sneak peek on how the new traits will be? ;) Probably will install this mod after finishing my current save :D
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

joaonunes

Ummmm... no download links? o_O

TheFlameTouched

Quote from: joaonunes on May 16, 2016, 02:19:16 PM

You lurker! You caught me while I was setting up the page. xD

joaonunes

Quote from: TheFlameTouched on May 16, 2016, 02:25:36 PM
Quote from: joaonunes on May 16, 2016, 02:19:16 PM

You lurker! You caught me while I was setting up the page. xD

Ahahahah nahh I just came back to see if you had answered my question but then I saw the name of the post was different and there were new download links, but no links :P Just got lucky :D :D

As I said, I am interested in this mod xD

TheFlameTouched

You still want a preview of the traits or does the first post cover it?

joaonunes

To describe all 35 traits is a bit extensive, maybe letting the user discover the traits is more exciting.

Just one question, the More Traits + Experimental includes all traits + the "Special" ones, right?

EDIT: nvm, didn't read the whole post :P

EDIT 2: Jesus Christ, Agoraphobia? Photophobia???

TheFlameTouched

Quote from: joaonunes on May 16, 2016, 02:33:58 PM
To describe all 35 traits is a bit extensive, maybe letting the user discover the traits is more exciting.

Just one question, the More Traits + Experimental includes all traits + the "Special" ones, right?

EDIT: nvm, didn't read the whole post :P

The specials "should" be working properly, but for some reason I can't get them to do exactly what I want them to do. Either they'll work perfectly, or they won't or they'll give everyone the stat change.

joaonunes

any chance on having your traits available on the BrainMod from cuproPanda? That would be awesome :D

TheFlameTouched

Quote from: joaonunes on May 16, 2016, 03:15:14 PM
any chance on having your traits available on the BrainMod from cuproPanda? That would be awesome :D

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I don't think its my current ability to do. If you feel like indoctrinating your pawns till something happens that you can use the devtool menu >add trait.

Peppsen

joaonunes

Some quick feedback on the new traits:

The rarest ones are really rare. Spawned about 50 colonists and got some rare traits but none of the 2 rarest ones. Looks good though :P it'll probably show up eventually when raids start appearing.

They seem to work on an existing save. :D Great :D

When spawning hordes of pawns pretty much all the traits except the 2 rarest ones appeared (no names to keep the spoilers away ;) ). The frequency of them all seems good and balanced. Not a huge amount of great soldiers with super stats like would be to expect and the same to horrible pawns in both combat and "work" jobs.

The BrainMod sugestion was given because both mods affect traits, and that mod is most useful to remove bad traits like the vanilla's "Nervous" or "Ugly". A compatibility patch seemed logical, just like High Caliber or Rimfire have patches for Combat Realism :)

This is a great mod, it became instantly part of my "Necessary Mods List" xD

joaonunes

Quote from: Peppsen on May 16, 2016, 03:36:07 PM
Someone just suggested a few more traits in suggestions
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20229.0

Some of them are already present in this mod, but the others could easily be fitted, right?

EDIT: nvm, TheFlameTouched already noticed it :P

TheFlameTouched

Quote from: joaonunes on May 16, 2016, 03:48:28 PM
Quote from: Peppsen on May 16, 2016, 03:36:07 PM
Someone just suggested a few more traits in suggestions
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20229.0

Some of them are already present in this mod, but the others could easily be fitted, right?

EDIT: nvm, TheFlameTouched already noticed it :P

Yep, have already looked at the thread and said I'll start on it in the morning, (6month holiday with 2 months left = pure bliss)