[A15] Expanded Traits and Misc Mods

Started by TheFlameTouched, May 14, 2016, 03:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are the Trait rolls about right?

No, Higher tier traits barely ever roll for me.
5 (29.4%)
No, I have too many Higher tier traits.
0 (0%)
Yes, It's just right
7 (41.2%)
Yes, I have lots of higher tier traits
0 (0%)
Whole system needs redoing
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 19, 2016, 02:51:04 PM

Dingo

Looks like you could've used a multi-staged trait to do the Novice/Rookie/Veteran stuff. You can use one generic defName and have different stages/sub-commonalities so that the game can only roll one of them if it rolls the master defName for a pawn.

You sort of did the same thing by having conflictingTraits but it's less elegant. :P

It might be a bit late for that now since removing those defNames and merging them will break existing saves; but if you ever want to refactor the mod and just require a new save for the new version I would definitely merge those.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Hydromancerx

TheFlameTouched

I'm going to assume you tried it on A16 and it didn't work. In that case yes there will be an update either later today or tomorrow. C:

DaemonDeathAngel

Flame, you do not mind that I take some inspiration from this mod for my "More Traits" mod, if I credit you, do you?

TheFlameTouched

DaemonDeathAngel

Oh, of course not. I dont steal others code. Its pointless when this is a simple vanilla alter.

TheFlameTouched

DaemonDeathAngel

joaonunes

Quote from: TheFlameTouched on January 02, 2017, 12:08:09 AM
I'm going to assume you tried it on A16 and it didn't work. In that case yes there will be an update either later today or tomorrow. C:

yayy :D I haven't tried it yet though... :(
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

joaonunes

*Double post for the bump*

The mod is working, just ignore the version warning (or change it yourself before installing the mod)

TheFlameTouched

Thanks for the update. Regardless, there will be a new version in the next few days.

Sh4d0w225

This mod in my opinion is a bit of a must have :P Makes things a heck of a lot more interesting, Hows the update going Flametouched? :o

TheFlameTouched

It actually works without one, which has caused me to be lazy about it. But ones coming :)

joaonunes

Quote from: TheFlameTouched on January 12, 2017, 12:51:31 PM
It actually works without one, which has caused me to be lazy about it. But ones coming :)

"Why fix what's not broken?" ehh? xD

What will the new version bring though? New Traits?