[A13] New Animal: Nightling (Vanilla Friendly Animals)

Started by Turell, May 14, 2016, 09:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fridolin

Turell

As you can see it clearly states Nightlings dosent spawn in Temperate Forests so the OP is incorrect. Also I was playing in this biome for 3 in-game years and no Nightlings were there.

this is interesting. which mods do you use and in which order? . There can be a problem when there are other mods which messing around with the spawningrate of animals.

Justas love

would biome spawn tweak ruin the spawn for the nightling?

Turell

I'm on that Problem, but for now: yes!
There can be Problems with mods that are using the biomes def :/

skullywag

Ive responded to your PM Turell, you can add biomes to the racedef but its bugged in core right now which is the sole reason i havent release alpha animals for A13, it is however fixed in A14, or you could use the detour i added to CCL, I however have chosen to wait even though i added the fix to CCL.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Turell

You heard the man!  I'll try making a CCL modversion and add it to downloads. If you don't use CCL you'll have to wait till A14 for this to be fixed :/

eatKenny

i have an idea "hide in the dark", when the cell Nightling is in has less than 10% bright level, Nightling wont show itself.

basic coding idea:
check the cell every 1 second, when the bright level is below 10%, the texture of Nighling wont be appear or changed to a empty transparent texture.

the idea is from my ninja mod attempt long ago(too little time and skill to realize it), it may fit this mod well.

skullywag

Quote from: Turell on May 28, 2016, 05:15:46 AM
You heard the man!  I'll try making a CCL modversion and add it to downloads. If you don't use CCL you'll have to wait till A14 for this to be fixed :/

Check its in the latest CCL release, im not sure 1000101 has released since i added it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

kaptain_kavern

Awesome mod and awesome art (very vanilly friendly).

Keep up the good job plz

Techgenius

Wont work if you try to generate worlds, , how can this be edited/fixed?

Sarelth

This is rather outdated, thus why it is in the outdated area. It needs to be brought forward to current creature standards to work.

Techgenius

Yes, exactly, I want to know how update it to the current stable version

Sarelth

I started by comparing the older version to creatures in the newer version.
Look at the different sections of the def files and see what you don't need to change first, then work on what does need changing.
If the older version has a separate def file for kind and creature, you should be able to combine them into a single def. You can also add a section in the def file for the biomes that the creature spawns in.

Hope that points you in the right direction. If you need a little more help, feel free to pm me. I can't say I am good at modding, but I am figuring out how to update creatures pretty good.

kaptain_kavern

A17 update
Download in attachment ;)

Update notes :

Quote- Update target version in About.xml
- Merge PawnKindDefs and ThingDefsRaces files like in Core
- Update code in <Verbs> node where vanilla is now using different values
- Update eggs code
- Remove old biomes files and instead using patches to insert animals in all biomes

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

kaptain_kavern

Released on Steam, with A Friends authorization.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1112878331

Also in attachment the Compatibilty patch for A Dog Said...

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]