More Traits (Taking suggestions)

Started by TheFlameTouched, May 15, 2016, 01:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFlameTouched

Alright, so I'm slowly working on trying to get a few more traits available to use, just for some more variety, and while I have plenty of ideas that I'm willing to try and implement, there's no way I can think of all the ideas you can come up with. So if there are any traits you'd like to see, let me know and I'll do my best to add them.

Take a look here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20166.msg220693#msg220693 for the Trait pack.

Peppsen

Well I would like more traits that give mood boosts when "working", just like Green Thumb. For instance

Animal Lover: Mood boost when taming and extra for being nuzzled.
Artist: Mood boost when crafting and making sculptures.
etc.

I would also like to see more traits that changes others opinion like Ugly, maybe..

Fat: -15 opinion from other colonists, mood boost when eating and -10% movement speed.
Athletic: +15 opinion from other colonists, +20% movement speed and maybe extra melee.
etc.

These are just a few I came up with in like 5 mins, not really balanced. If you like these I could think of more and maybe help you code them.

TheFlameTouched

Quote from: Peppsen on May 15, 2016, 02:32:25 PM
Well I would like more traits that give mood boosts when "working", just like Green Thumb. For instance

Animal Lover: Mood boost when taming and extra for being nuzzled.
Artist: Mood boost when crafting and making sculptures.
etc.

I would also like to see more traits that changes others opinion like Ugly, maybe..

Fat: -15 opinion from other colonists, mood boost when eating and -10% movement speed.
Athletic: +15 opinion from other colonists, +20% movement speed and maybe extra melee.
etc.

These are just a few I came up with in like 5 mins, not really balanced. If you like these I could think of more and maybe help you code them.

I'm doing this to teach myself the coding, so thank you for the offer, as it is I'm not looking for balance as much as I'm looking at a more "immersive" trait system, which makes all of your suggestions completely suitable  :) I will of course try to keep them in line with vanilla stat changes, and am aiming mostly to provide a range in different sectors. e.g. Agoraphobe : Hates wide open spaces, but loves closed areas. (No cabin fever, mood loss outside)

Peppsen

If you want you could make some kind of document and share it with me. I could add more traits as I come up with them and give you feedback on those you've got. Just a suggestion :D 

hector212121

Devout(Lower mood penalties for family/lovers who die, higher penalties for immoral actions, -5 or 10 relations with non devout)
Fanatic(No mood penalty/mood bonus for death of other Fanatic family members, no mood penalty for immoral actions, -15 or 25 to relations with non-fanatics)

Devout is supposed to reflect a 'good' religion, while fanatic is supposed to represent, well, *cults*.

TheFlameTouched

Quote from: hector212121 on May 15, 2016, 08:59:19 PM
Devout(Lower mood penalties for family/lovers who die, higher penalties for immoral actions, -5 or 10 relations with non devout)
Fanatic(No mood penalty/mood bonus for death of other Fanatic family members, no mood penalty for immoral actions, -15 or 25 to relations with non-fanatics)

Devout is supposed to reflect a 'good' religion, while fanatic is supposed to represent, well, *cults*.

Good idea and shouldn't be too hard to implement, will see if I can add it.

Near

Quote from: TheFlameTouched on May 15, 2016, 01:07:05 PM
Alright, so I'm slowly working on trying to get a few more traits available to use, just for some more variety, and while I have plenty of ideas that I'm willing to try and implement, there's no way I can think of all the ideas you can come up with. So if there are any traits you'd like to see, let me know and I'll do my best to add them.

You may want to see this https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5690.0

TheFlameTouched

I wouldn't of found that on my own. Thanks!

Clibanarius

Oh, hey, since you were asking me for suggestions, I might as well second one I just found in this thread: That Animal Lover one and Artist one seems like a good path to go down! Green Thumb already exists, but seems kinda isolated in what it is; there should be something like that for hunting, smithing, all those. That'd be an idea, anyhow!

Near

Strong:
- Reduce speed penalty when wearing apparel
- Increase fist damage
- A normal healthy pawn with this trait can haul 100 units
- Get hungry quicker than normal pawn
Weak:
- Increase spped penalty when wearing apparel
- Decrease fist damage
- Can only haul 50 units at max
Tough:
- Increase body parts hitpoint
- Increase pain threshold
- Increase immunity speed
Fragile:
- Reduce body parts hitpoint
- Reduce pain threshold
Sexy:
- Permanent +40 opinion from other pawns
- Increase attractive score (idk what thats called)
Rapist:
- Permanent -50 opinion from other pawns
Unstable:
- A trait that make pawn randomly go berserk
Asshole:
- More slight and insult than abrasive
- Greater mood drop to other pawns when interacting with him/her
Stupid:
- Opposite to too smart
- Stupid and too smart hate each other
Retard:
- -80% Learning speed
- Too smart just cant stand retard (make them fight)
Procrastinator:
- Joy derive quicker
Hyperthymesia:
- Disable exp drop
- Slightly increase learning speed
Just:
- Dont care if pawn is sexy/beautiful/ugly/disfigured
- Permanent +10 opinion from other pawns
Survivor:
- A better heat lover and cold lover
Pyromaniac:
- Randomly start a fire
- Mood boost when near fire
Allergic to X
- +90% Chance to get poison when eating X
Bysexual: self explain
Autistic
- Disable social skill
- Cannot talk (idk maybe modify their jaw so that they can only eat but cant speak)
- +90% Learning speed

TheFlameTouched

@Near

I love the list and will try add some of those in. As is there are some that are similar already incorporated, so the new ones will be in the next version :p

Admiral Obvious

If possible, I'd "reword" some of Nears suggestions before actually using them.

I get that this is your mod, but I think the game itself tries to avoid more "abrasive" terms, and you probably should too.

Rapist can probably be replaced with Volatile.
Asshole can be replaced with Jerk.
Retard isn't "politically correct", but I can't think of any more interesting term for it than dumb.

As for my own suggestions.

Arrogant: Takes half the relationship penalty from being insulted/slighted, and receives double the positive effect from "good talks... ecetra". Also has a lower mental break threshold.

Photographic memory: No expiry for events that happen to the character, except for mood related effects, such as "filled with joy" or "feeling terrible". The point would be to emphasize burying/hiding corpses, and to put up decorations.

Unwittingly Psychic: (This one would probably be out of the scope of what you can do.) This colonist unwittingly "projects" their emotion onto whoever passes near to him/her. They are more sensitive to psychic activity, and can influence other colonist moods based on their own mood.

Dragoon

Quote from: Admiral Obvious on May 17, 2016, 04:29:21 PM

Volatile is already a trait -.-
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Admiral Obvious

Quote from: Dragoon on May 17, 2016, 11:19:08 PM
Quote from: Admiral Obvious on May 17, 2016, 04:29:21 PM

Volatile is already a trait -.-

I've never seen it after about 40 hours...

Not sure why, since it should be somewhat common.

Maybe the trait should just be named "difficult", especially given the connotation that pawns can't reproduce.

Killaim

American : Must have a gun. the bigger the gun the better mood bonus (random chance of shooting randomly direction)