More Traits (Taking suggestions)

Started by TheFlameTouched, May 15, 2016, 01:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector212121

Quote from: Killaim on May 18, 2016, 08:42:41 AM
American : Must have a gun. the bigger the gun the better mood bonus (random chance of shooting randomly direction)

Oh, not cool.

At least put 'crazy' before american. Or Southerner.  ;)

(i'm so sorry i couldn't resist)

AlwaysBugged

Agoraphobic: doesn't like being outdoors, doesn't suffer from cabin fever.

Handy: +20% base manipulation.

Vegetarian: gets bad moods from eating meat, can cook fine and lavish meals with vegetables.

Easy: will "Get some lovin" with pawns of the appropriate sex at random. Small chance of sleeping with gay members of the wrong sex: gets "Big mistake" debuff for 5 days, -20 mood, everyone else gets a +5 boost of "LMAO". Conflicts with Nun/Priests.

Nun/Monk: +3 social, can't "Get some lovin", deep talks give bigger boosts to all parties involved. Conflicts with "Easy".

Priest: +4 social, can't get lovers or get some lovin', he gives mood boosts when burying people, cheering up patients or conducting marriages, deep talks become "confessions" with bigger boosts. Strongly conflicts with "Easy".

Volatile genius: +150% learning speed, -25% break threshold, - 15 base relation will pawns that aren't "Too smart" or fellow geniuses, - 15 mood if there are no other "Too smart" or geniuses pawns in the colony.

Mysophobic (Phobia of germs): will always clean the room they're in before doing anything else if it's dirty (Basically he's got a priority 1 cleaning for the room he's in, always)

Pig: will create more dirt than other pawns, will randomly drop stuff around the base instead of the proper stockpiles. Conflicts with mysophobic.

OCD: will finish any task at hand before doing anything else (excluding food and sleep), gets mood buffs for finishing tasks, gets mood debuffs while having unfinished tasks (the longer a task is delayed the worse it gets).

Attention deficit: will randomly switch tasks with others he's allowed to do, for example, will stop making a parka to haul some steel or clean his room. (Doctoring is disabled for very obvious reasons)

The ass is fat (The abs are hard): +100% attraction for the right sex.

Good looking: +10 base relationship for other pawns.

Creepy: -10 base relationship for other pawns.

Anal: deep talks can give negative moods, deep talks can improve other pawn's skills if her skill is higher.

Knife club: sharp meele weapons get +50% damage and 50% hit chance, gets a mood debuff for having any other weapon. Stacks with Brawler.

Clubber: same as above but with blunt weapons.

Party animal: attended parties give every attendee improved boosts, huge debuff for missing a party, has a random chance to severely damage furniture during parties.

I can churn out a lot more from where these came from if you want OP.

Also, about the Knife Club and Clubber traits, i just want to finally have pawns who are actual masters of melee weapons able to consistently win engagements, brawler right now is underwhelming since they still only do the base damage which heavily depends on the weapon.

HolyWinter

How about....

Adrenaline Junky

Anxiety

Aspergers

ADHD

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (I.B.S)

Dyslexic

Lazy Eye

Bug In a Rug

Chatty Cathy

Maybe think on them?
If you decide to consider some of these I'll leave the set values up to your but if you'd like I can help with description :)
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
Find me on Steam and also follow my curator page!
My Steam Page.
~Holy

joaonunes

Quote from: HolyWinter on May 19, 2016, 10:54:46 PM
How about....

Adrenaline Junky

Anxiety

Aspergers

ADHD

Dyslexic

Lazy Eye

Bug In a Rug

Chatty Cathy

Maybe think on them?
If you decide to consider some of these I'll leave the set values up to your but if you'd like I can help with description :)

It would be easier to decide which ones to pick if you already gave some short description on what stats they change etc.
Some of them sound interesting, although the diseases should be diseases (looking at IBS).
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

HolyWinter

Quote from: joaonunes on May 20, 2016, 03:21:46 AM
Quote from: HolyWinter on May 19, 2016, 10:54:46 PM
How about....

Adrenaline Junky

Anxiety

Aspergers

ADHD

Dyslexic

Lazy Eye

Bug In a Rug

Chatty Cathy

Maybe think on them?

It would be easier to decide which ones to pick if you already gave some short description on what stats they change etc.
Some of them sound interesting, although the diseases should be diseases (looking at IBS).

I've sent a MUCH more detailed post to the developer but thanks for your input though.
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
Find me on Steam and also follow my curator page!
My Steam Page.
~Holy

Admiral Obvious

Quote from: HolyWinter on May 20, 2016, 04:55:03 PM

I've sent a MUCH more detailed post to the developer but thanks for your input though.

Link to the much more detailed post?

A modder would probably be able to add it faster than the developer likely would.

TheFlameTouched

Quote from: Admiral Obvious on May 20, 2016, 09:32:00 PM
Quote from: HolyWinter on May 20, 2016, 04:55:03 PM

Link to the much more detailed post?

A modder would probably be able to add it faster than the developer likely would.

Holy meant to say they had sent me a list. I have the detailed version in my inbox :)

joaonunes

Alrighty then :D whens the next update coming up?

TheFlameTouched

AlwaysBugged

Any of mine getting added by chance?

TheFlameTouched

Aside from the one already included before you suggested it :p I can neither confirm nor deny what has been accepted. (I like all suggestions from everyone.) Seriously tho, I can't promise all of them in the next update (same answer for everyone that's suggested anything) however just because its not in 1.2 doesn't mean it won't be in 1.3 :p

TLDR: all suggestions are viable and will eventually be included in someway.

joaonunes

Quote from: TheFlameTouched on May 22, 2016, 04:32:51 AM
Aside from the one already included before you suggested it :p I can neither confirm nor deny what has been accepted. (I like all suggestions from everyone.) Seriously tho, I can't promise all of them in the next update (same answer for everyone that's suggested anything) however just because its not in 1.2 doesn't mean it won't be in 1.3 :p

TLDR: all suggestions are viable and will eventually be included in someway.

Cant wait for the new version :) :)

Poochie

Mood swings (bipolar?) - penalty/bonus from the "feeling terrible/bad/good/great" are doubled

Wex

You could have Sleepy and Early Bird one adding 2 hours of sleep to feel rested and the other removing them
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

i made a suggestion a long time ago with trait ideas

Quote from: Simon_The_Space_Engineer on January 19, 2016, 02:33:27 PM
ADHD - blank has a hard time sitting still and focusing on tasks that they don't enjoy, but can learn thing that they do enjoy at a faster rate as they are extremely interested in it. They have a varying work speed based on how much they like a task. +.15 learning speed for interests -.15 learning speed for tasks not interested in. +.10 work speed for interests, -.10 work speed for none interests.

Big doof - blank is a friendly, loving doof. They aren't very smart but love to be around others and become stronger to help a friend in need
+.10 to socializing mood bonus +5 and additional +2 for every person near by. +.05 walk speed and attack speed when nearby friend is injured

Explosion lover - blank loves explosions, and just the sound and thought of them makes them happy +5 mood when explosion happens on map +10 when explosion happens in sight -5 when explosion hasn't happens in a few day -10 when explosion hasn't happened in a long time (edit) +5 when holding Gernades of any kind +10 when holding larger explosive weapon

Gun Lover - (this is because of the brawler trait) Blank love guns. Just holding one makes blank really happy. they don't like using melee weapons. -20 mood when equipped with a melee weapon +5 when holding a gun

Anti social - blank doesn't mind being cooped up inside for long periods of time and doesn't like talking to people or being around more than one or two at a time. +5 mood when alone +10 mood when alone for a long time -5 when talking to someone -10 when near more than 1 person -2 social level +4 mental endurance

Chatter Box - blank hates being alone for more than a few hours. they love to talk a lot. +2 social -4 mental endurance +5 being near more than 1 person -5 mood when alone -10 mood when alone for long time

Writer - Blank likes to write in there free time. they dont care if its any good, as long as they feel good when doing it. they can write books in there free time. New joy activity: writing book, writing short story. (books and short stories might also allow for book shelves to be added and give colonists the ability to read for joy and study to improve skills)

Video Gamer - Blank loves video games and talking to other people over computers. +5 when using a machine or computer +5 mood when using an laser weapon -.05 attacking time (maybe video games could be added as a joy activity, as well as different kinds to help with joy tolerances build up) if video games are added no joy tolerance builds for video gaming.

Funny - Blank is a naturally funny person. They have even helped writers make joke books (if books are added this could also work) +.25 social impact on mood

Creative - blank is a creative person. they like to making new things. this can get in the way sometimes and distract them from there work. +5 mood when crafting -5 mood if they haven't crafted in a while +2 crafting and tailoring skill, -.10 global working speed

Family person - Blank loves to be around others and thinks of them as his/her family, especially younger people. +5 mood when around at least 1 other person -5 when alone. -.20 joy tolerance build up when doing joy activity around someone else -15 mood when other colonist dies +15 mood when new person joins colony

Golden Heart - blank has a heart of gold, often times putting others before themselves and getting upset when others are put after them. +5 mood when all colonists are healthy +5 mood when most colonists are happy -5 mood when other colonist is hurt and they are not +5 when other colonists are healthy and they are hurt -5 mood when most other colonists are upset or not happy. -20 mood when other colonist dies.

Jerk - blank is an absolute jerk. they like to see others in small amounts of pain and make others suffer from mean words. +5 mood bonus for social interaction (-5 for anyone involved) +5 mood when others are in small amounts of pain -2 social skill, warden job is disabled

Mute - blank doesn't speak at all. no one knows if its by choice or if they never could. this doesn't bother them though and they like to listen to other people talking to them. all social jobs disabled (including trading and talking to other colonies) +2 additional mood to social interaction (-2 for others involved) -2 animal handling

Also this was in a different suggestion as there where two under the same topic (different suggestions though) so that's why there might be repeats

Quote from: Simon_The_Space_Engineer on May 30, 2016, 10:26:21 PM

mute: cant socialize with others very well (they listen but dont return conversation so the other person receives little to no mood bonus from talking to them)

emotionally harden: emotions dont bother them to much as they have learnt to block out the negative ones (my though is they dont receive as much be-buff to mood involving emotionally related things such as lost of a loved one or another colonist. how ever bonuses to mood involving emotions take a small hit in how much it provides as well to balance things)

ADHD: person is easily distracted unless they want to do the task they are performing or are good at it. they may stop in the middle of one task and go do another for a small time (they still follow priority list just not as well). doing something they dont like makes them antsy and loose joy or something a little faster. (they still act normal in combat) they also require less sleep from being so hyper all the time and can take meds to stop negative effects of the trait (mood drops a little from needing to take pills all the time) and pills would probably be easy and cheap to get (like one container lasts a season or two) finally they act a little spastic in social situations which can either positively (they do something funny) or negatively effect the mood bonus/de-buff (they appear to not be paying attention even though they are listening)

gun lover: basically brawler but with guns

explosions lover: basically brawler but with rockets and grenades

calming: people for what ever reason like this person for revealing stress and talking about it and the person with the trait happily talks to them about the stress

doofus: not the smartest person out there but naturally funny and good to be around. people like to interact with them and mood bonus slightly higher

romantic: they like love and people fall much more easily for them which can cause social problems between the ones that crush on the colonist with the trait. they also usually provide more mood bonus for their lover and less likely to have a problem with them

(Sorry this is long XP and some suggestions are the same as from above/similar as above, but I feel like this would greatly improve the game)

Hopefully I gave some useful ideas, if not I tried :P
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.