[A13] Doh's Easy Agronomy

Started by DoktorDoh, May 16, 2016, 10:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoktorDoh

Hey Guys,

I like playing Rimworld with two setups. On Extreme Desert / Ice sheet and with a lot of small colonies (maximal 6 colonists). So on this binoms its really hard to get food at the beginning. Now that you need so much time to reasearch hydroponics, the start on an icy planet (for me) is a pain in the ass. And sometimes I want to play on icy binomes without this pain. So I created the "Easy Agronomy" mod collection. At the moment this collection has two of my mods (another are planned).

Part 1) The agrarian woodbox:
This 3x3 box is like a bad hydroponic because it only has 100% growingspeed. But no research is required and you can plant more things than with the standart hydrponics.

Part 2) The Heat And Sun Lamp:
Yes, there are plenty of Heat and Sun Lamps available and even the CCL library has one. But because I don't want depending on other mods, I make one by myself. The lamp provides light for 8 agrarian boxes. The lamp consumes 1500W, each box 200W. Altogether you need 3100W to have enough food for 5-10 colonists (depending on what you are planting). Maybe it's a little bit overpowerd but the collection is called "Easy" Agronomy ;)

Part 3) The Heat And Sun Pillar (Idea Canute):
This 1x1 Heat and Sun "Lamp" has roof support and an radius of 8-9 fields! That means you can build a huge room for planting without wasting space. But because this would be to powerfull, there are some restrictions. First you need to research the "Microelectronics Basics" after that you can build the lamp for 100Steel, 50 Plasteel and 5 Components. The integrated heater of the Pillar is also not strong enough to support really big rooms like 20x20. For such rooms you still need some extra heater. The Pillar has an total powerconsumption of 2500W, so if you want to make an whole room with the Pillar and the Agrarian boxes you need.... ~7000W.

Requirements: I hope nothing.
Compatibility: Should be with everything, I hope. Tests were only with the vanilla version.

Download

Working on:
- Balcony Plant (2x1 plant without energy)
- New Plants (Tomato, Salad)

Ideas:
- Fishtank / Aquarium
- Light above existing woodbox
- Powergenerator with stone as resources

Greetings and have fun!
Doktor Doh
Something

Justas love

Awesome, will grab this one when i will be making a colony on an ice sheet, but the extreme desert will be more easier with this!

joaonunes

Thank you so much! I too know the pain of getting food fast in certain biomes. I have never played in icy biomes because of that, now I can start playing on new biomes :D

Plus, since these boxes are like "bad hydroponics" there is at least some balance, just like the new wood-fueled cooking table vs electric cooking table ;)
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

FridayBiology

any clues on what part 3 is?

Awesome mod, even if I only use the 3x3 planter boxes.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

DoktorDoh

Quote from: FridayBiology on May 17, 2016, 07:49:08 AM

If you mean with "part 3" what my next goals are, I plan to add a 1x2 "planter" without energy consumption but really bad growing rate. Like a balcony plant. For this I'll create some new plants like tomato and salad.

In the future I also want to have some indoor fish farms. Not natural, where you need water on the map, more like an aquarium or fish tank.
Something

Soap

DoktorDoh

Quote from: Canute on May 17, 2016, 11:33:03 AM
Maybe
-part 4, a 1x1 Sun&Heat pillar with roof support. To create 11x11 plant rooms.
Nice idea. Is on my List.

Quote from: Canute on May 17, 2016, 11:33:03 AM
- part 5, Sun&Heat ceiling lamp or ground floor, they just light 3x3 area but you can build them above/below your woodboxes.
Need to make some research if it is possible to place something above an existing object (normaly it should be, like the power-cable). Is on my List
Something

Justas love

Quote from: DoktorDoh on May 17, 2016, 08:35:30 AM
Quote from: FridayBiology on May 17, 2016, 07:49:08 AM

If you mean with "part 3" what my next goals are, I plan to add a 1x2 "planter" without energy consumption but really bad growing rate. Like a balcony plant. For this I'll create some new plants like tomato and salad.
Maybe drill a hole in the ice and begin fishing?

In the future I also want to have some indoor fish farms. Not natural, where you need water on the map, more like an aquarium or fish tank.

knainoa

is there going to be a Seeds mod compatibility version?

dismar

Quote from: knainoa on May 17, 2016, 05:03:02 PM

shouldn't be any issues.
just load after to use seeds

OH and btw very nice mod

Drakoflame

Can you plant tree's in the boxes? Or is that planned with another box type?

DoktorDoh

Quote from: dismar on May 17, 2016, 05:53:11 PM
Quote from: knainoa on May 17, 2016, 05:03:02 PM

shouldn't be any issues.
just load after to use seeds

Like dismar said. But when you have any issues with an mod, just tell me which mod and I'll try to fix it.

@Drakoflame
First there where trees in the box, but they where very buggy (endless planting at the same tree). But i'll try to get rid of this problem, because I also want to have some wood in the desert :D
Something

DoktorDoh

Added Part 3 to my package. The "Heat and Sun Pillar" is a heat-lamp with roofsupport (thanks Canute for the idea). More details in the first post.

I also fix the warning "no preferability in ingesible" from my plants
Something

hentiger

Preapologize about my linguistic skills. I live in non-english speak world... My word choice and writing skills would be awful

Drakoflame

Oh, also, do any of these new features (aside from the planter box because you've confirmed), but do the sunlamps require research to use/make?