Gather flag/object

Started by DeMatt, February 12, 2014, 06:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Semmy

This is such a awsome idea. I love it.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

keylocke

i think they have a dining room zone in gnomoria where idle gnomes chill out. lol. i think that concept is also compatible with rimworld (since they're both derived from dwarf fortress). though i think this factors in to the : "we need more customizable zone types" for rimworld. which should allow us to have further control on AI behavior within each zones.

so yea. we need moar zones.

Tynan

Colonists now hang out near your tables (you can set which tables they hang near).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

keylocke

alpha 2 is out? woot awesome! downloading now. ;D

Nukeman0

Quote from: Tynan on February 18, 2014, 12:43:37 AM
Makes sense; they only choose new jobs when they finish their current one (with some exceptions).

Just a suggestion (if it's not too demanding): Couldn't you have put a loop in the code that checked for tiredness or hungryness between an interval of a few seconds? If the loop returns true, the colonist would drop what they were doing and just go to sleep. Maybe the loop should be running with the "very tired" effect, so that colonists who are just "tired" could do one last task until he went to sleep/ his meal.

I dont know if such a thing would be to demanding, as I said, but it would have been cool, realistic and helpful :)
Nukeman0