Chicken brains?

Started by Sicdoc, May 17, 2016, 01:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sicdoc

Will our beloved chickens move out of the cold to a warmer environment of their own accord?

GarettZriwin

I think they will explode(Literally, frostbites should be % HP not fixed amount!) from first frostbite rather than go warm...

Benny the Icepick

Couldn't you create an "Animals Indoors" zone and specify that as their allowed area?

cultist

Quote from: Sicdoc on May 17, 2016, 01:00:03 PM
Will our beloved chickens move out of the cold to a warmer environment of their own accord?

Animals do "seek safe temperature" from what I've seen. If they are unrestricted (or have a heated area in their allowed zone), they will go into heated rooms when they get serious hypothermia, just like pawns. I can't say if it works with chickens specifically, I tend to keep a tight rein on them fowl.

GarettZriwin

Quote from: cultist on May 17, 2016, 01:28:59 PM
Quote from: Sicdoc on May 17, 2016, 01:00:03 PM

Animals do "seek safe temperature" from what I've seen. If they are unrestricted (or have a heated area in their allowed zone), they will go into heated rooms when they get serious hypothermia, just like pawns. I can't say if it works with chickens specifically, I tend to keep a tight rein on them fowl.

This is problem with small animals, frostbites kill them before they usually think about getting to warm room.

Sicdoc

Mine are all over the place and there is no way I can see how to keep them in a zone. Also I think my cocks are impotent! I'll need to pay closer attention to my fertilized eggs in future.

Gaiboru

Quote from: Sicdoc on May 17, 2016, 04:02:11 PM
Mine are all over the place and there is no way I can see how to keep them in a zone. Also I think my cocks are impotent! I'll need to pay closer attention to my fertilized eggs in future.

Make an indoor area and make a animal zone for them, then from the "Animals" Tab, select the zone that you want the chickens to be in

christhekiller

Quote from: Gaiboru on May 17, 2016, 10:27:11 PM
Quote from: Sicdoc on May 17, 2016, 04:02:11 PM

Make an indoor area and make a animal zone for them, then from the "Animals" Tab, select the zone that you want the chickens to be in

Aye that's what I do, I have a warmed coop just for the chickens, I also have a warmed barn for the other barnyard animals. When the time comes I simply switch them from their pasture zone (which is the coop/ barn and a largish outdoor area, to their indoor zone, which encompases their buildings and a area for feed.

Sicdoc

I need to tame the chickens first, that's why i couldn't control them. I forgot to do that.  :-\

chchgreen

i wish i could select just male cockerels for the slaughter. im doing freerange chicken, i just let them out the gates and let them wander and reproduce at a frightening rate, then set all chickens to the slaughter zone and all the fertilized eggs out on the range hatch, rinse and repeat. keeps my kennel of attack wargs well fed