Trouble repairing

Started by Sicdoc, May 15, 2016, 08:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sicdoc

Hi folks, I've came across this problem a few times now where something breaks down and I am unable to select any of my colonists to repair it. No-one does it of there own free will either. I end up having to deconstruct the object and rebuild it. Any ideas on whats going on or how to resolve it? The objects are in my "home" zone. 

milon

Do you have pawns with Repair enabled (not just Construct)?  Are you running any mods? What's it say when you right-click prioritize? Can you provide a screenshot?

Damien Hart

Do you have spare components available? Repairing a broken down machine takes a component.

Sicdoc

Right clicking the object does nothing, I do have pawns selected to do repairs and components where available. The last time I thought it happened I realized that my pawns where restricted from the area, tho I don't think this was the case the other times it has made me doubt myself a little. I will check this in the future. thanks for the reply's.

Bairne

Ran into this bug as well. I could force said pawn to repair something else, but there wasn't even an option for the broken down cooler. Eventually I did the same as the OP to fix it: tear it out and build a new one.

Vaporisor

Make sure is home zone.  Can only repair if it is in homezone.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Bairne

Quote from: Vaporisor on May 15, 2016, 04:46:16 PM
Make sure is home zone.  Can only repair if it is in homezone.

Ugh... you have no idea how stupid I feel now. It happened again (to a geothermal gen.,) and this was the issue. I assume it's what stopped me from repairing the cooler, too, since that was in a very new spot and I turn off the auto home feature.

Vaporisor

Ha ha, don't feel bad.  I have had this issue well more than once and fought with it.  I was really getting bothered when I had two broke down things, people unassigned and I could repair one and not the other.... After fighting for about fifteen minutes, it finally clicked in ^.^

Like me, sounds like it was some piece of remote equipment :D
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

milon

You should really consider keeping home zone on all your constructions.  At least, I want to know if my geothermal is about to catch fire.  ;)

Sicdoc

I agree, when I'm being raided I de-zone them to encourage the heathens into my walk of death moohahaha.