Restrictions on food for tame animals.

Started by blackwolf0925, May 17, 2016, 09:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackwolf0925

When it comes to animals they will eat anything within sight that matches their diet. I propose a restriction on what a tame animal can eat. I have blunder many a time when one of my animals eats something I was saving for a special occasion, say like hatching eggs for example. I would like to see my Labrador/pet be able to eat what I tell it if it is tamed.  That could be set up under obedience since I think an obedient animal will not eat something it is not suppose to.

charkesd

i would like this but i think it might be part of the reality. having to build barns and stuff. like, if its a moose or something how are you really going to stop him

BAD MOOSE

maybe only animals that are trained to haul or release? ive seen dogs jump through hoops and do flips while steak is laying beside them.

---
you probably already know this but you can restrict animals to zones, and there is a manager where you can invert zones.

so i solve this by highlighting where i dont want them to be (my huskys or something trained animals not cows/chickens) then inverting. i usually dont allow them in the freezer or the grow room. but remember obviously if they cant go there they cannot haul either. then i place a 1x2 or 1x1 critical zone in the common area or somewhere they ARE allowed, and make it only allow kibble, or even simple meals and kibble, incase i run low on one. then you can set your butcher to "make until x" so you always have kibble

milon

What if training in Obedience unlocked the ability to set food options, kind of like how you define ingredients for a cooking bill?