[A13] mipen's Mechanical Defence 2 (V0.1 / 18.5.2016)

Started by bigmap, May 18, 2016, 02:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

Quote from: topp2000 on May 19, 2016, 07:30:07 AM
Quote from: Clibanarius on May 18, 2016, 01:37:34 PM
No, there's nothing intrinsically wrong with using another language, but doing so vastly limits your interaction potential. Not everyone is willing to run a post through a translator.
我现在看你们的回复就是通过翻译软件看的,所以,不要在意这些细节

topp2000, please respect our forum rules.  Use the English language only except where other languages are specifically permitted.  Here is an excerpt from the forum rules, which I encourage you to review in full:

Quote from: Hypolite on October 04, 2013, 08:21:23 PM
We want the forums to be enjoyable, informative, and inviting to all, while also supporting spirited debate and respectful disagreement. To that end, we've got some guidelines/rules here that everyone can refer to.

13. English language: You have to write in English, except in specific topic about foreign languages (e.g. translation-related discussions).

dismar, you're coming close to back seat moderation, which is also against the rules.  Just use the Report Post button next time.

topp2000

Quote from: milon on May 19, 2016, 08:24:16 AM
Quote from: topp2000 on May 19, 2016, 07:30:07 AM
Quote from: Clibanarius on May 18, 2016, 01:37:34 PM
No, there's nothing intrinsically wrong with using another language, but doing so vastly limits your interaction potential. Not everyone is willing to run a post through a translator.
我现在看你们的回复就是通过翻译软件看的,所以,不要在意这些细节

topp2000, please respect our forum rules.  Use the English language only except where other languages are specifically permitted.  Here is an excerpt from the forum rules, which I encourage you to review in full:

Quote from: Hypolite on October 04, 2013, 08:21:23 PM
We want the forums to be enjoyable, informative, and inviting to all, while also supporting spirited debate and respectful disagreement. To that end, we've got some guidelines/rules here that everyone can refer to.

13. English language: You have to write in English, except in specific topic about foreign languages (e.g. translation-related discussions).

dismar, you're coming close to back seat moderation, which is also against the rules.  Just use the Report Post button next time.

I can not speak English, so I can not participate in this forum?

dareddevil7

Quote from: Techgenius on May 18, 2016, 01:21:32 PM
Just take a page from the MAIs from Haplo's mod, it is kinda bugged for A13, because robots are marrying, but it works to some extent..
Are you sure that's a bug, what's to say robots cannot be programmed to love. They can be programmed to program giant kill bots.

milon

Quote from: topp2000 on May 19, 2016, 08:47:20 AM

We should let this discussion get back on topic again.  Please see my reply here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=122.msg222101#msg222101

Techgenius

Quote from: dareddevil7 on May 19, 2016, 09:24:57 AM
Quote from: Techgenius on May 18, 2016, 01:21:32 PM
Just take a page from the MAIs from Haplo's mod, it is kinda bugged for A13, because robots are marrying, but it works to some extent..
Are you sure that's a bug, what's to say robots cannot be programmed to love. They can be programmed to program giant kill bots.

You got a point, but hauling bots, cleaning bots stopping their programming to watch the MAIs marriage is.. a inconvenience, it goes to show you they're just... reskinned humans, there's a image by papadookie that shows this, A13 broke the dimension, new artificial moral codes pending. Error.. Synthetics.. Error! Synths Are Not Slaves [Robotic awareness]

Quote from: milon on May 19, 2016, 11:23:17 AM
We should let this discussion get back on topic again.

Milon, always vigilant. Glad you're here, buddy.

topp2000

Quote from: milon on May 19, 2016, 11:23:17 AM
Quote from: topp2000 on May 19, 2016, 08:47:20 AM

We should let this discussion get back on topic again.  Please see my reply here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=122.msg222101#msg222101

So? What should I say

RoronoaDroagon

hello
just wondering about the toggle power on and off button on the ore generator.
is that gonna be added back in??

DFC

Just a suggestion, perhaps the mechanical wall can have a version that uses uranium on build that doesn't consume power.

Also perhaps it would be good to think of breaking up the mod into their individual modules.

dismar

NephilimNexus

IMHO, Mippen's droids were the best thing to ever happen to Rimworld.  They weren't just universal "colonists in a robot suit" - they really did have dedicated functions, different damage systems, the works.

Most of all they gave me a great end-game goal: SLACK

I knew that if I stuck at it and survived long enough I could eventually turn my colony into a utopian paradise where robots did all the work.  Exponential droid growth meant my colonies could look forward to someday having nothing to do but fill their joy meters all day long.

It was a good goal, and now it's gone, which has decreased my motivation to play by roughly 100%.   :(

Lennbolt7

Quote from: NephilimNexus on May 22, 2016, 06:57:02 AM
IMHO, Mippen's droids were the best thing to ever happen to Rimworld.  They weren't just universal "colonists in a robot suit" - they really did have dedicated functions, different damage systems, the works.

Most of all they gave me a great end-game goal: SLACK I always thought the droids looked great. Unfortunately I'm a newcomer so I never got to use them myself. It would be great if they could make it into this, so I can finally use them in my own colonies.

I knew that if I stuck at it and survived long enough I could eventually turn my colony into a utopian paradise where robots did all the work.  Exponential droid growth meant my colonies could look forward to someday having nothing to do but fill their joy meters all day long.

It was a good goal, and now it's gone, which has decreased my motivation to play by roughly 100%.   :(

Galleg

I'm very happy someone is trying to re-made this mod. Droids were (in my opinion) the best thing that happened in rimworld mods, also the mecanical extended walls were very fun to use, and the ore extractor made the game very easy. I also enjoy MAI mods but the robots are not the same, they are maybe too good in general. I remember making an army of fighting droids (MD2) cappable of stopping waves and waves of enemies... Ohhh s*** I'm getting melancolic.
Anyway, thanks to try it. I'll be expecting further updates.

Ouan

Good job with the update thus far! I look forward to breaking the mod for you on my next play through. Keep up the good work!
Damn Pirates!

Techgenius

Why is it so hard to update the Droids? as far as I know all the scripts/codes are in place, are they not? do these droids communicate and marry each other like in MAI? because these droids appear to be more multifunctional than the.. synths Haplo created, yes. THEY ARE SYNTHS, "androids" and the like. But not droids. Droids are inferior btw? according to Stellaris they are.

The MAIs are so expensive. I bet the droids were more readily available.