Trial of Lilith (warning: graphical narration of violence)

Started by Fluff_Thorrent, May 18, 2016, 09:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluff_Thorrent

!! Be advised that this story is graphically explicit. It has been punctuated by a .GIF image, illustrating the scene as it happened in-game. !!

Thunder and rain rolled across the valley, and started to wash away the blood of the massacred pirates. One survivor remained, and five figures surrounded him.

"Please", Avila said through clenched teeth, hugging his abdomen. "You don't have to do this. Let me go, please!"

"Shut the f*ck up, scum!" roared Mole. He looked Lilith straight in the eyes. "You know what you need to do. Prove your loyalty, or join the rest of your friends in the dirt."

Lilith looked over at Avila, and then around at the gathered colonists. Boots glanced over to her husband and indicated her approval with a sly smile. McGee looked down at the ground. And Short...

"Do it, Lil'."

The rain grew stronger. Lightning struck somewhere to the south, illuminating the carnage. Lilith faced Avila. She had not quite known him, not at all in fact. He belonged to a different crew and she'd seen him once, carrying cargo. But here he was now, naked and afraid. And she had to kill him.

She stepped forward. The pistol she had been given suddenly felt heavy and dull in her hand. She reversed her grip, holding it by the barrel, and knelt beside Avila.

"Please, don't..." A spark of hope suddenly entered his voice. He whispered frantically. "Listen, I-I have a plan. Knock me out, and then I can escape and get more guys back here. We'll rescue you, no problem, we just need more firepower and-"

She struck him hard across the jaw. Once more, breaking his nose. Her third missed and fractured his collarbone. Her body shook from the cold rain and the rising adrenaline. Fourth strike, cheek bruised. Fifth, front teeth and upper lip. He howled in pain, trying to cover his face with his free hand.

"Please, NO! AGHH!"

Lightning struck again. Avila's blood had spattered everywhere, up on Lilith's arm and across his rocket launcher. Mole had picked him off early before he could use it.

Lilith stood up and reeled for a moment, letting her rushing blood settle. Avila blubbered and howled again. She kicked him hard, shattering a rib and knocking the air out of him.

"Finish him off!" she heard Mole yell through the downpour.

Avila tried to crawl away, and she stomped his leg twice, fracturing his knee. She circled around to his head. He cried out in desperation.

"No, no no... PLEASE! DON-"

Her boot connected with his head just above the ear - crunching - and Avila went limp. Staggering back, Lilith breathed heavily while wiping blood and water from her face.

Mole felt Avila's pulse, closed his dead eyes and stood up. "Good. Take his launcher. Short, get their rations before they spoil. McGee, gather up the charge rifle and the ammo. Let's hurry up, I don't want to stay out here longer than necessary."

He looked at Lilith, paused, glanced at Avila's body, and back at her.

"You did good, kid. Let's get home."

Lilith stared at Avila and slowly unclenched her fists. The others were used to the looting and had already started to head back to base. A moment passed. Then she bent down, grabbed the launcher, and followed them. The rain washed away her tears.

Nictis

Jesus, I never even thought of giving my recruits a ritual like that...

Hopefully it will encourage the new guys to join first.

Tagasaki

falconbunker

Damn that's brutal, I just induct them into my colony via slapping them on the back and saying "Welcome to the colony mate, you're want a deluxe size room and thrumbo meat meals? Oh yeah, always keep a gun on you, we're having problems with bugs, since we're an all underground base."

Fluff_Thorrent

Thanks peeps. I should point out that I don't do this with every recruit, but the stars aligned here and I had to save it, a sort of "Kodak moment" if you will :P

CortexVortex08

Whenever my colonists defeat an enemy, they rescue them, give them fine meals, and a large bedroom. Even if they are useless or have 99 recruitment difficulty.

A_Soft_Machine_Man

I always keep a melee equipped "finisher" for just this purpose.