2 Buttons to avoid wasted time - temporary force status - square to haul/clean..

Started by wbonxx, May 19, 2016, 02:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbonxx

There are two actions that make the player waste  a lot of time.

One is when it is necessary for a short time (ex. 3-4h) to force a colonist to work, or to relax and enJOY because he is critically stresses.
Would be nice to have a button with a timer that does just this. Would save a lot of time.

The same happens when it is necessary to prioritize cleaning a room (kitchen full of blood, bedroom of inured colonist too dirty). Or to prioritize hauling a group of object.
Most of the time it is necessary to right click and force the action on the single object, dirty square. Is a massive amount of wasted time (even if the priority is cleaning etc...)

Would be easier to draw a square with the right button and choose prioritize this action of this square/objects.

In general I noticed this get's quite annoying over time. The game is really suffering from a spartane interface, it is otherwise almost perfect.

Lakuna

For cleaning:
1) Go into the architect tab
2) Click "Orders"
3) Click "Clean"
4) Highlight area you want to be cleaned
5) Choose a colonist that can clean and right click one of the squares to order them to clean it. They will automatically clean all of the highlighted squares.

Thane

Quote from: yaplash on May 19, 2016, 06:39:26 PM
For cleaning:
2) Click "Orders"
3) Click "Clean"
5) Choose a colonist that can clean and right click one of the squares to order them to clean it. They will automatically clean all of the highlighted squares.

Really? That isn't a mod????? AWESOME! I can't believe I never knew about that!
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

Jonofwrath

For cleaning:
2) Click "Orders"
3) Click "Clean"

That's a nice tip! I've never used that. I take it this is a one-off task - so to keep your kitchen area (for example) clean you'd have to draw out a clean-this area several times a day?

Oddity

For cleaning:
2) Click "Orders"
3) Click "Clean"
I don't see it.

http://i.imgur.com/f3ukwbK.jpg

MarcTheMerc

For cleaning:
2) Click "Orders"
3) Click "Clean"

I believe that was a suggestion on how it could be done, not a current feature.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

cultist

Quote from: wbonxx on May 19, 2016, 02:38:04 AM
One is when it is necessary for a short time (ex. 3-4h) to force a colonist to work, or to relax and enJOY because he is critically stresses.
Would be nice to have a button with a timer that does just this. Would save a lot of time.

Stressed colonists whose schedules are set to "anything" will automatically seek out joy activities if they don't have a joy buff. If they are heavily stressed they will prioritize joy over work until the joy bar maxes out. The only way to improve their mood at this point is to draft them and force them into an area with very high beauty. If they just wander they might wander into the freezer or somewhere even uglier.

Jonofwrath

Ah. Then yeah this needs to be in the game.

I'm now sad that it isn't!

Lakuna

Quote from: MarcTheMerc on May 20, 2016, 09:57:49 AM
For cleaning:
2) Click "Orders"
3) Click "Clean"

I believe that was a suggestion on how it could be done, not a current feature.
I'm pretty sure it's already in. I think I used it a lot back when Alpha 12 was still the newest update.

Jonofwrath