[A13] Super Powers! (20/5/16)

Started by Jakub k., May 20, 2016, 02:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakub k.

The Superpower mod
This mod will be updated with suggested superpowers every once and then.
Current superpowers

Superspeed
Adds a super speed trait that has a small chance to be assigned to a colonist.isn't too fast due to speed limits of the game.can probably outrun a mortar shell,i'll test that :P

donwload link
http://www.mediafire.com/download/g1c7ccqgzom61o3/Superhuman_traits.rar

eatKenny

Quote from: Jakub k. on May 20, 2016, 02:57:58 PM
Superspeed
adds a replacable heart that grants super speed and sped up manipulation.can be bought by trading with traders.crafting would be soon implemented.

so they turn into jason statham ::)

joaonunes

This might be interesting... Can other pawns have that heart in any way? It would be bad if raiders came with superpowers...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Blanky

Why not just turn it into a hidden trait that can be added trough a machine while making it hard to find on other pawns?

Jakub k.

Quote from: Blanky on May 20, 2016, 03:31:23 PM
Why not just turn it into a hidden trait that can be added trough a machine while making it hard to find on other pawns?
what i wanted to do is allow the superpowers to be given via being stuck by lightening.unless i get help i can't implement that.i could experiment with the traits

Distorti0N

Quote from: eatKenny on May 20, 2016, 03:03:33 PM
Quote from: Jakub k. on May 20, 2016, 02:57:58 PM
Superspeed
adds a replacable heart that grants super speed and sped up manipulation.can be bought by trading with traders.crafting would be soon implemented.

My exact thoughts lol
so they turn into jason statham ::)

joaonunes

Quote from: Jakub k. on May 20, 2016, 03:56:25 PM
what i wanted to do is allow the superpowers to be given via being stuck by lightening.unless i get help i can't implement that.i could experiment with the traits

That is actually a great idea :) maybe you could make it that a person who takes too much radiation might also get superpowers, but with 99.99% chance to get you killed instead xD

Blanky

So in other words, you wanted to give colonists super speed the same way that Barry Allen got his? That would require having to figure out what chemicals in the forensic's lab were around him when that fateful day (In the comics, the lightning bolt hit the chemicals which spilled all over him) occurred in order to implement such a feature. I would suggest getting help from the guy who made this mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19983.0

Speaking of surgical-related superpowers/items, try making a web-shooter that goes to the wrist. The webbings can non-lethally slow and/or incapacitate a foe for easy capturing. I might have a few more ideas for you.

Jakub k.

Quote from: Blanky on May 20, 2016, 04:42:16 PM

So in other words, you wanted to give colonists super speed the same way that Barry Allen got his? That would require having to figure out what chemicals in the forensic's lab were around him when that fateful day (In the comics, the lightning bolt hit the chemicals which spilled all over him) occurred in order to implement such a feature. I would suggest getting help from the guy who made this mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19983.0

Speaking of surgical-related superpowers/items, try making a web-shooter that goes to the wrist. The webbings can non-lethally slow and/or incapacitate a foe for easy capturing. I might have a few more ideas for you.
what i prefer,is a simple way of gaining a superpower just through lightening,without any special required features.this would make it simpler.super speed wild squirrels for the win ! :P

Blanky

Quote from: Jakub k. on May 20, 2016, 06:10:19 PM
Quote from: Blanky on May 20, 2016, 04:42:16 PM

what i prefer,is a simple way of gaining a superpower just through lightening,without any special required features.this would make it simpler.super speed wild squirrels for the win ! :P

Well, then it's best if you stuck to the formula you have now. I don't think that getting superpowers from just plain lightning would be a good idea since it would require lots of coding to implement and balance the mechanic (since lightning's supposed to injure/kill your colonists). As for now, I think I may have a few more ideas for you:

Vampire Set: A set of surgical modifications to give your character more features. Bionics are Fanged Dentures and Blood Stomach

Fanged Dentures (Vampire Set): Allows the individual to pierce through his/her victim's neck to draw blood. Must be in close range like melee weapons, and can be used on sleeping individuals or individuals that are prisoners, downed, or go willingly. Victims will receive blood loss as a result, and can lose more blood even after the individual stops feeding or doesn't feed at all until treated. Repeated use on the same victim could kill though either destroying the neck (or any vital part of the body that the individual attacks) or extreme blood loss (if the individual drains the victim's blood for food). Can be used on animals. Victim's will not be infected from wounds caused by Fanged Dentures as opposed to a regular bite.

Blood Stomach (Vampire Set): Replaces both the stomach and the intestines with a large digestive sac designed only to absorb large quantities of blood. The individual will not be able to consume anything but blood and meat or they will instantly vomit. Receives half the nutrition from meat when consuming it but will vomit it out sometime later (Meat expelled can be consumed by anyone without a blood stomach but has far less nutrition than usual and will likely cause food poisoning). Hunger rate increases. Consumption of blood depends on the individual's hunger level, malnutrition level, and by certain traits (e.g: Chemical Interest, Teetotaler). Can possibly get ill from consuming blood that belongs to an ill victim. Can go berserk if they are starved for too long.

Retractable Knuckle Blades (Courtesy of James "Logan" Howlett A.K.A. Wolverine): Works like the Scyther blades but doesn't require removing the individual's hand/arm. Requires metallic material(s) and a component to use. Blade factors depend on material type, Manipulation, Melee Skill, Sight, Consciousness, blade quality, and the style of blade used (e.g: Katars, Claws, etc.). Can break down and would require surgery and a component to fix. Blade can break and would require surgery to fix. Failure to fix knuckle blades will cause pain to the individual. Infections can happen due to the claws drawing in unwanted organisms when retracted into the user. Can only have one knuckle blade per arm.

Reflex Implant: I wanted to complement the super speed with faster reflexes (like the Flash), so this reflex brain implant should do the trick. Slightly increases the individual's sight, hearing, manipulation, consciousness, and grants the ability to dodge incoming projectiles. Dodging power is based on manipulation, sight, consciousness, movement, and hearing. Can be damaged by EMP. If the implant fails/breaks after extended use will cause the individual to have a moderate decrease in sight, consciousness, hearing, and manipulation until it is fixed/replaced due to the individual being used to relying on the implant.

Fire Lungs: Gives the user the ability to breathe fire.

There might be more coming up.

Jakub k.

silverskin

Quote from: joaonunes on May 20, 2016, 04:37:52 PM
That is actually a great idea :) maybe you could make it that a person who takes too much radiation might also get superpowers, but with 99.99% chance to get you killed instead xD

During toxic fallout, if a colonist gets toxic poisoning over a certain level then they have a chance of getting permanent dementia. What if there was also a chance of getting a permanent superpower, too! And then immediately getting dementia right after. So when he gets confused and wanders off, he'll do so at super speed and set half your colony on fire.

Jakub k.

Quote from: silverskin on May 21, 2016, 07:44:52 AM

During toxic fallout, if a colonist gets toxic poisoning over a certain level then they have a chance of getting permanent dementia. What if there was also a chance of getting a permanent superpower, too! And then immediately getting dementia right after. So when he gets confused and wanders off, he'll do so at super speed and set half your colony on fire.
haha,great idea but i think that is hardcoded.i managed to make the super speed a trait...should make it easier to get it.i might try the dementia thing
//edit
i played around with it for a while,might get it working tomorow

joaonunes

Quote from: Jakub k. on May 21, 2016, 08:53:32 AM
Quote from: silverskin on May 21, 2016, 07:44:52 AM

haha,great idea but i think that is hardcoded.i managed to make the super speed a trait...should make it easier to get it.i might try the dementia thing
//edit
i played around with it for a while,might get it working tomorow

Cool :) although i'd really love if you could implement your original idea plus the fallout mutations :p

Killaim

Flame on : the colonist is now on fire permanently...

hulk smaaash! : turns green and berserk mode forever.