Is there a way to remove thick roofs?

Started by Khilliani, May 20, 2016, 11:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khilliani

Soooo I built a colony on the coast with the fish industry mod, and built my place next to a moderately sized mountiounes area while still being close to the coast or a pond for fish. and I managed to get some of the areas to be non roofed in the mountain bit I was mining out so it wouldn;t be infested with mega scarabs and such (They're annoying >.<) but well I was mining and I forgot to put supports up thinking it'd be okay and the roof collapsed while still holding up the thick roof bit, and my whole colony got crushed well the whole three people XD

b0rsuk

In vanilla it's impossible to remove thick rock roofs. Dig all you want, but all you will get is rocks falling on your head. Even if you dig every single space the roof will remain.

harpo99999

and if you are willing to play mods, then skully has a roof bomber than can blast the roof off (even thick mountain roofs will go to the blasts)

milon

Actually, in vanilla you only can't get rid of overhead mountain. To get rid of a rock roof - thick or thin - you need to mine it out completely and cause a cave-in. If you're careful and clever, no one will get hurt (or you'll finally be rid of that useless food consumer!).  Then mine out the debris and build whatever you wanted. :)

Khilliani

Quote from: harpo99999 on May 21, 2016, 05:59:21 PM
and if you are willing to play mods, then skully has a roof bomber than can blast the roof off (even thick mountain roofs will go to the blasts)

could you please link me to the mod I can't find it.

harpo99999

Quote from: Khilliani on May 22, 2016, 03:41:22 AM

codewaord is skully wags roofbomb at https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0

Khilliani

Quote from: harpo99999 on May 22, 2016, 05:16:32 AM
Quote from: Khilliani on May 22, 2016, 03:41:22 AM

codewaord is skully wags roofbomb at https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0

ahhh I looked for Skully, and rof remover and a whole lot of A12 stuff came up XD