[A13][Storyteller] ZeRoW (1.0)

Started by ZModW, May 21, 2016, 05:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZModW

ZeRoW A13 (1.0)
www.ZModW.jimdo.com

Description:
English
This Mod was more for personal use, but some of you will be like it, too :)

• ZeRoW will you allow to have over 200 colonists
  • The Enemies are very weak at the beginning, enough time for a nice and quiet start :)
  • Once you have a Base the attacks also begin to get challenging again
------------------------------------------
Deutsch
Diese Mod war mehr für den Persönlichen gebrauch, aber einige von euch werden es auch mögen :)

• ZeRoW wird dir ermöglichen über 200 Kolonisten zu haben
  • Die Gegner sind sehr schwach am anfang, genug Zeit für einen rühigen anfang :)
  • Sobald ihr eine Basis habt sind die angriffe auch wieder anspruchsvoller

Author/Mod Team
        ZModW
        ZeRo
        W4D1m

Download:

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- Check our Website for almost Daily Updates www.ZModW.jimdo.com

Update:
- The new Face of our Storyteller is almost finished, please be patience :)
- Texture 0.5

Wivex

joaonunes

200 colonists? Wow... I'll try this mod for 2 reasons: more colonists and more challenge once you've got a base set up but giving you time to build it :p
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

joaonunes

Also, Im not very into storyteller mods but hows the compatibility with other mods? Should it have any problem with a certain type of mods?

ZModW

Quotejoaonunes: ...hows the compatibility with other mods? Should it have any problem with a certain type of mods?
During my tests I have not noticed any compatibility issues and I had several mods active. So try it and see if you like it :)

QuoteWivex: RIP CPU mod, love it.
We really appreciate your nice words :)

joaonunes

viperwasp

My record to date is 41 colonists or so. And that's a lot for my PC to handle. I have a good PC but it's not legendary. Well I also play on fairly large maps too. Planning/saving for a $3,000 - $4,000 PC right now. When I get it. I will give this mod a try if it's still around and compatible etc.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

RagingLoony

So just out of curiosity whats the vanilla cap to the amount of colonists you can have? kinda new and havent had anyone join after about 8 lol

AlwaysBugged

Quote from: RagingLoony on May 22, 2016, 08:52:15 AM
So just out of curiosity whats the vanilla cap to the amount of colonists you can have? kinda new and havent had anyone join after about 8 lol

Depends on the story teller.

Cassandra's desired population is between 4 and 13. At 18 she considers the population critical.

Phoebe's exactly the same.

I don't remember Randy's and can't look him up since i modded him to have higher caps.

There is no concrete real cap: as long as you can survive ever bigger threats you could easily work your way up to 1000 colonists (altho your PC would probably shoot itself at the prospect).

RagingLoony

Quote from: AlwaysBugged on May 22, 2016, 09:21:53 AM
Quote from: RagingLoony on May 22, 2016, 08:52:15 AM

Depends on the story teller.

Cassandra's desired population is between 4 and 13. At 18 she considers the population critical.

Phoebe's exactly the same.

I don't remember Randy's and can't look him up since i modded him to have higher caps.

There is no concrete real cap: as long as you can survive ever bigger threats you could easily work your way up to 1000 colonists (altho your PC would probably shoot itself at the prospect).

thanks for the info :) now, noob question and asking because I'm at work and using my phone right now, but is/where are the tools we'd need to unpack/modify game files? i kinda wanna mod cassandra a little bit. still pretty new to the game but wanna make a few touches to the pop count and slightly increase her raids

ZModW

QuoteRagingLoony: "thanks for the info :) now, noob question and asking because I'm at work and using my phone right now, but is/where are the tools we'd need to unpack/modify game files? i kinda wanna mod cassandra a little bit. still pretty new to the game but wanna make a few touches to the pop count and slightly increase her raids"

Hi RagingLoony maybe this instruction could be helpful :)

You need a simple Notepad or Notepad++
I am using myself www.atom.io for big projects it is perfect because you can select entire folders ;)

You can find the file you are searching for in [RimWorld]..\Mods\Core\Defs\StorytellerDefs\Storytellers.xml <- in this file you can find any Storyteller! If you want to make a Mod that overrides for example Cassandra than you have to copy "Storytellers.xml" to "\Mods\XYX\Defs\Storyteller\"Storytellers.xml"" and make for "XYX" a new Folder.
Next you Copy the folder "About" you can find it here > [RimWorld]..\Mods\Core\"About" and paste it in your "XYX" Mod folder.

Now you can start modifying the values in "Storytellers.xml"

Hope it was a bit helpful to begin with :)

- ZModW -