[A13] [OVERHAUL] [WIP] Rimworld Ascension v1.0.1 (23.04.16)

Started by Wivex, May 22, 2016, 07:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wivex

Introduction:

This is an announcement topic of an overhaul/modpack mod called Rimworld Ascension (mentioned as RA further down). It has been in development for quite a while, but requires even more to work on. So, the purpose of this topic is to introduce it to the community as a raw concept, rather than present a playable build (although you can still download it and play, but it's content is very limited at the moment, and the mod itself has not been properly debugged and balanced yet. Furthermore, some not-yet-finished features has been cut off for this test build).

Description:

The concept of RA is similar to other big overhaul mods, like Rimworld Revamped, Rimworld Forever, Project EONS and so on: long, slower paced gameplay of Rimworld, devided into technological stages, with unique gameplay and features for each tech stage. The difference is that i actually managed to implement most of the required game mechanics and features for such game concept to work. And many more...

Notable Implemented Features:

Fully automatic containers, which work like stockpile, but allow to stack items. (A final form of Containers For Stuff)

Improved version of ground caravans. Now with actual hauling jobs to bring colony goods to the trader and reworked trade system to make it work (no more magic distant trading with disappearing items). New caravan AI, carrier texture and trading post as a bonus.

All not-bench-based jobs performed with tools (currently implemented for plant cutting, building/repair and mining). Pawns automatically pick up proper tools for their jobs, use them, return back to the stockpile or swap with previously hauled primary weapon, if they have backpack to store it. (A final form of Tools For Jobs)

Improved version of fuel based benches. (I've finished it just before A13 release, so introduction of burners there was a funny coincidence. I've merged my initial burners functionality with A13 ones to get the final result)

Igridient based research system. You study materials to aquire knowledge how to use them (performed at research table, as usual). Instant blueprint/book based researches as a bonus.

Tons of other big and small changes/features/jobs/UI and things you can see for yourself. Almost all vanilla stuff removed. Here are some examples of content added so far:

Installation and Compatibility:

•    It is meant to be played with Core only. Some other mods could work, but considering how many changes to Core this mod does, it's very unlikely. This mod already incorporated some other mods with various changes to them and that's how it intend to grow in the future. (All content from other mods is and will be added after permission from mod owners, of course)
  •    After you enabled the mod, you should create new world for it too.
  •    If you want to disable the mod or try to enable some other mods above it, reload the game after doing that.

F.A.Q.:

RA lacks proper tips, tutor, alerts and messages atm, but they will be added soon. Here is a small guide for what you should do:

•    Loot the ship wreck your crashed in to find the survival guide, which unlocks starting build options and researches.
  •    Check nearby crashed drop pods for tools, medicine and survival meals.
  •    In order to aquire more tools, you need to craft them (handaxe and hammer). That would require researching masonry and carpentry. You have no access to picks for mining yet, because mining is not meant to be available in Neolithic period. It's a feature that becomes available after researching smithing in Medieval.
  •    Explore various implementations to the game, but keep in mind that there is almost no content there so far. And you can't progress past neolithic period yet.

Contributors:

Used or Integrated Side Resources:

Changelog:

(23.05.16) 1.0.1: - fixed game breaking bug with crafting.

(22.05.16) 1.0: - announcement release.

Download:

Ohh!

I've been waiting for you to release something for this!  You've been teasing us in Slack chat for months!
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.