[A13] [OVERHAUL] [WIP] Rimworld Ascension v1.0.1 (23.04.16)

Started by Wivex, May 22, 2016, 07:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wivex

Quote from: bechtoldn on May 23, 2016, 07:17:51 PM
... I would love if this mod was mad compatible with Combat Realism.

It is intended to be incorporated soon.

Quote from: Evrlost on May 23, 2016, 08:35:10 PM
Playtesting is something I can defiantly do.

I appreciate that, but there is not much content to playtest yet. Nevertheless, post here whatever issues you find, i'll add them to the bug list.

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on May 23, 2016, 10:55:28 PM
-People are cooking without the work turned on.

I've tried to be smart and implemented universal workgiver with crafting worktype for all unspecified workbenches (you have to make new workgiver for each new workbench in vanilla). Turns out if doesn't work well all the time, i need to add workgiver with cooking worktype for the campfire there.

-Any way to make hunters prioritize ranged weapons? They seem to just grab the closest weapon to head out hunting.

it's not made in vanilla, but actually easy to do. Will implement with next version of RA.

-Ingredients to construct a stool are a stool?

I've made all furniture installable, instead of buildable. It required changes to the build menu too, so now standart build designation for furniture looks for minified version of it to install it. Furniture can be crafted in the Craftsman bench. (building furniture in debug God Mode works fine too).

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on May 23, 2016, 06:12:22 PM
During research on Masonry, a hauler came through and hauled all the stone chunks off the research bench!

I know about this bug and thought i've fixed that, but seems like not. Noted.

P.S. I read all the replies about bugs, but quoting and replying to all of them would mess the whole thread. Just keep in mind that i note all the bug reports you post here.

Daïkï97427

Quote from: Wivex on May 24, 2016, 03:30:18 AM
Quote from: bechtoldn on May 23, 2016, 07:17:51 PM
... I would love if this mod was mad compatible with Combat Realism.

It is intended to be incorporated soon.

Quote from: Evrlost on May 23, 2016, 08:35:10 PM
Playtesting is something I can defiantly do.

I appreciate that, but there is not much content to playtest yet. Nevertheless, post here whatever issues you find, i'll add them to the bug list.

-People are cooking without the work turned on.

I've tried to be smart and implemented universal workgiver with crafting worktype for all unspecified workbenches (you have to make new workgiver for each new workbench in vanilla). Turns out if doesn't work well all the time, i need to add workgiver with cooking worktype for the campfire there.

-Any way to make hunters prioritize ranged weapons? They seem to just grab the closest weapon to head out hunting.

it's not made in vanilla, but actually easy to do. Will implement with next version of RA.

-Ingredients to construct a stool are a stool?

I've made all furniture installable, instead of buildable. It required changes to the build menu too, so now standart build designation for furniture looks for minified version of it to install it. Furniture can be crafted in the Craftsman bench. (building furniture in debug God Mode works fine too).

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on May 23, 2016, 06:12:22 PM
During research on Masonry, a hauler came through and hauled all the stone chunks off the research bench!

I know about this bug and thought i've fixed that, but seems like not. Noted.

P.S. I read all the replies about bugs, but quoting and replying to all of them would mess the whole thread. Just keep in mind that i note all the bug reports you post here.

It is fixed . No problem with thoses chunk rocks on the research bench, he should have DL the first version you uploaded here :/

Wivex

Quote from: Daïkï97427 on May 24, 2016, 04:40:59 AM
It is fixed . No problem with thoses chunk rocks on the research bench, he should have DL the first version you uploaded here :/

I don't get this. It was fixed in 1.0 version, but happened again in 1.1? Or 1.1 fixed that issue from 1.0?

Daïkï97427

Quote from: Wivex on May 24, 2016, 05:04:10 AM

I don't get this. It was fixed in 1.0 version, but happened again in 1.1? Or 1.1 fixed that issue from 1.0?

He said it happened again for him , but me and my teamates dosn't have the bug in 1.1 O.o so i suggested he have the 1.0 and not the 1.1 Who knows :/

Listen1

shadwar

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Wivex on May 24, 2016, 05:04:10 AM

Not sure, I downloaded the file again and it is the same size as the one I first downloaded. It didn't actually break crafting so I'm assuming that is perhaps not the same issue. It would seem once the research is started it has no problem finishing. It's just that someone hauls away the materials before research is completed, which I guess is more "polish" than "substance."

Wivex

It's basically breaking of reservations once the ingridients plased on the bench. I can easily fix that.

Binarydream

Wivex

It's not meant to be compatibile with anything, but you can try and report if that worked.

Daïkï97427

Well then , EDB colonist bar mod is compatible (usefull as bananas hell) $
Even if the mod is still in "BETA" state for A13

+ It is normal the crafting time is like : INSTANT ? :d

Wivex

Quote from: Daïkï97427 on May 24, 2016, 11:47:31 AM
Well then , EDB colonist bar mod is compatible (usefull as bananas hell) $
Even if the mod is still in "BETA" state for A13

+ It is normal the crafting time is like : INSTANT ? :d

Any simple UI mod should be compatibile with RA, since UI mods just display existing stats, not changing the game itself, so they hardly ever conflict with anything. (unlike EdB PC)

Crafting costs and time, combat balance and any other def based values are mostly abstract and make no sence. There were no balancing stage yet. (Quite hard to do if you missing most part of the content)

Freeadama89

So, I played this for a few hours and noticed that there is no way to keep your people warm. The campfires will not stay lit during the winter and your colonists eventually die of hypothermia. Anything going to be added to combat this?

Wivex

Ofc it will be. I still need to resolve the general problem of how to survive in mountain tundra without starting wood and mining available, but i'll figure it out one way or another.

And campfire is not yet properly balanced too, it should obviously generate much more heat, for example.

Evrlost

Any chance a hay animal mat can be added in so you can at least stop the bleeding of your animals?