[A13] [OVERHAUL] [WIP] Rimworld Ascension v1.0.1 (23.04.16)

Started by Wivex, May 22, 2016, 07:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wivex

I've thought about that before, but wanted to find a better way. Now i'm thinking that would be an optimal solution anyway. I'll just remove any rest modifiers from it, as if pawns sleep on the ground.

silentwolf123

More research? so instead of it going from your mod to vanilla, you have your mod all the way through?

Wivex

Yes. It's an overhaul, after all. Some vanilla assets will be still used, but for the most part it's a stand alone project. Content from other mods will be used here too, if their authors allow, but it's gonna be adapted and changed for the RA concept.

Now that we've gathered enough people for a proper team, we are working on the detailed design doc and other necessary tools for team development process.

SmartererThanYou

Quote from: Wivex on May 28, 2016, 09:58:34 AM
Yes. It's an overhaul, after all. Some vanilla assets will be still used, but for the most part it's a stand alone project. Content from other mods will be used here too, if their authors allow, but it's gonna be adapted and changed for the RA concept.

Now that we've gathered enough people for a proper team, we are working on the detailed design doc and other necessary tools for team development process.

Nice profile pic by the way :3

Wivex

maxfire

Campfire with 1000C? Ouch!
I mean, a modern ovens provides 500C at best, and it's designed for that. Campfire's heat will dissipate almost instantaneously.
And yeah, great concept, I'll be in touch on it.

Moo

Wondering if anyone can point out what I may be missing here. Loaded the mod into a clean copy of A13, My guys just landed and noone will build anything.  Started trying to make a research bench after reading the book, dudes drop the 3 slate chunks off, but no one will  actually build the bench. I've enabled all jobs on everyone but they're all just standing around.

And of course right after I post this I find the pod with the multitool in it. Nevermind!

shadow79473

It's looking GREAT so far! The beginning is kind of difficult as it's a mad scramble for food, I love it. ;D

Hanarck

ok so i don't know where to post bug so i'm gonna post them here, so far i only found 1 or 2,
1) the wooden torch doesn't make any light
2) if a pawn start to gather clay and you tel him to do something else the gather clay will insta finish
3) pawn don't reswap weapon/tool they just drop it and never pick the other, so i have to manually tell them to retake they're weapon (temp fix is to have fighter not do a thing that need tool, but it lower the amount of worker)
4) i don't know how it did that but i putted a pot next to a basket, and they are putting bones into to pot if i look into the store item counts and there is no option to add bones to the container

the other problem i run into is the lack of "temperature control" i just lost all my colonist to a heat wave, cold would have not been bad, there is the camp fire, but heat, there is no counter to that

Wivex

Quote from: Hanarck on May 30, 2016, 10:40:58 PM
ok so i don't know where to post bug so i'm gonna post them here, so far i only found 1 or 2,
1) the wooden torch doesn't make any light
2) if a pawn start to gather clay and you tel him to do something else the gather clay will insta finish
3) pawn don't reswap weapon/tool they just drop it and never pick the other, so i have to manually tell them to retake they're weapon (temp fix is to have fighter not do a thing that need tool, but it lower the amount of worker)
4) i don't know how it did that but i putted a pot next to a basket, and they are putting bones into to pot if i look into the store item counts and there is no option to add bones to the container

the other problem i run into is the lack of "temperature control" i just lost all my colonist to a heat wave, cold would have not been bad, there is the camp fire, but heat, there is no counter to that

1. Torch is a placeholder, not properly made yet.
2. This is a good bug note, thx.
3. This one is strange, since it used to work before (the reservation of previously carried weapon didn't get through saves though). Anyway, i've already changed the core logic of using tools, so it should be fine in the next version.
4. That's really weird, thanks for the info.
5. Yeah, heat insulation values for "light" clothing types and proper warm clothing types are not done yet.

Fraggenstien

Registered just to tell you a few bugs. Others have pointed most out though. But I am getting bugs with graves. Gets finicky, most of the time they don't get built. If i didn't have to go to sleep like, right now, than I would get you the bug report...

I am only using this mod and core so as to remove any incompatibilities, so no conflicting mods.

Also, the palisades still put a roof over an enclosed area if you put a door in the middle of a section.

And, just a request/suggestion? Keep the regular and animal rest spots. Otherwise if my ani-buddy gets mauled and loses a leg (but can still walk cuz hey, its got four of em) then I cant really rescue them without using the debug console to place an animal resting space.

EDIT: just read over the thread again. sorry for posting stuff thats already been said. also, is ther a way to have somebody tend the fire pit...?

Wivex

Thanks for the info. All the things you've mentioned will be fixed with the next mod version (which is currently full steam ahead in development). I'll return the colonist/animal sleeping spots, but make them buildable, torches will be properly made too (mrofa already made their texture, as well as many other missing texture too)

These few weeks has been tough, i've spent a lot of time on various organizational problems, like making a proper design doc, research tree system, crystallizing some of the mod concepts. Now that it's all finished, our team can properly work on the actual mod content. Currently we are implementing most of the CR features, with major changes to them. By the look of it, we could just remake the useful features from CR anew, since they are not done properly in some places. Which would take considerable amount of time, but absolutely worth it. I've recently remade the tool system again and plant gathering designators now work differently too...

To sum up, the work on mod is going on, but it's not gonna be as fast, as people would expect.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Wivex on June 07, 2016, 09:30:54 AM
Thanks for the info. All the things you've mentioned will be fixed with the next mod version (which is currently full steam ahead in development). I'll return the colonist/animal sleeping spots, but make them buildable, torches will be properly made too (mrofa already made their texture, as well as many other missing texture too)

These few weeks has been tough, i've spent a lot of time on various organizational problems, like making a proper design doc, research tree system, crystallizing some of the mod concepts. Now that it's all finished, our team can properly work on the actual mod content. Currently we are implementing most of the CR features, with major changes to them. By the look of it, we could just remake the useful features from CR anew, since they are not done properly in some places. Which would take considerable amount of time, but absolutely worth it. I've recently remade the tool system again and plant gathering designators now work differently too...

To sum up, the work on mod is going on, but it's not gonna be as fast, as people would expect.

Glad to hear you guys are still hard at work on this. Really liked what I saw of it thus far.

SmartererThanYou

Quote from: Wivex on June 07, 2016, 09:30:54 AM

Glad to see that this mod lives. Gonna be snooping around till the next release ;)

Pactrick Willis

Any Idea on a ETA for the next update?

Oh, Btw, I'm a musician and a composer, and if you want some custom music in your mod, I'd be more than willing to help. I may not be able to do it full time, but I can definitely do some songs.