[A13] [OVERHAUL] [WIP] Rimworld Ascension v1.0.1 (23.04.16)

Started by Wivex, May 22, 2016, 07:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

szypkiyakwonsz

You guys really have to do some change log or at least once a month write "hey! We're still not dead here" or else I will eat my keyboard from impatience. Numpad already gone.

Any news on this?

NathanxS

Hey,
Would it be possible to have some of the mods as standalone versions?

I really like
QuoteImproved version of ground caravans. Now with actual hauling jobs to bring colony goods to the trader and reworked trade system to make it work (no more magic distant trading with disappearing items). New caravan AI, carrier texture and trading post as a bonus.
but i want to use it with the other mods i have aswell (like medieval times etc.)

Hydromancerx

Yes please make a stand alone of the palisade and log walls.

Also a stand alone basket mod would be nice.

The13thRonin

I know I'm late to the party here but great mod.

Could I grab credit as the creator of the Tribal Headdress on the front page?

Hope you guys have an Alpha 15 version planned.

SmartererThanYou

Quote from: Wivex on September 02, 2016, 03:02:53 AM
Actually, update for A15 took about 1 hour of my time. We are currently dealing with more interesting stuff, like this one:

The gif is annoying me as there is an area where shadows are not affecting.  >:(  ;)

mabor0shi

Quote from: SmartererThanYou on November 07, 2016, 02:43:01 PM
The gif is annoying me as there is an area where shadows are not affecting.  >:(  ;)
the pawn's shadow won't overlap the dummy's shadow. it is disastrous, this mod is garbage :P i never saw this mod before, because I pretty much ignore anything pre-A15. I am normally not into big changes, but this looks like what RW would naturally evolve into. It looks amazing, shadow problems notwithstanding. and that animation could work on trees, too. This is really ambitious stuff, keep it up!
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

yavorh

Quote from: mabor0shi on November 07, 2016, 07:06:42 PM
Quote from: SmartererThanYou on November 07, 2016, 02:43:01 PM
the pawn's shadow won't overlap the dummy's shadow. it is disastrous, this mod is garbage :P i never saw this mod before, because I pretty much ignore anything pre-A15. I am normally not into big changes, but this looks like what RW would naturally evolve into. It looks amazing, shadow problems notwithstanding. and that animation could work on trees, too. This is really ambitious stuff, keep it up!

Shadow 'bug' is simply how rimworld naturally deals with shadows - it applies a gradient from black to opaque, lengthening it depending on the hour of day, from EVERY object. I noticed this when I filled my bunker with flower pots to keep my guy's mood up and instead of having one solid black shadow it was split up in bars...

SmartererThanYou

Oh yeah. Sorry if my comment sounds rude as I meant nothing from it :D just a little OCD

mabor0shi

Quote from: yavorh on November 08, 2016, 09:45:08 AM
Shadow 'bug' is simply how rimworld naturally deals with shadows - it applies a gradient from black to opaque, lengthening it depending on the hour of day, from EVERY object. I noticed this when I filled my bunker with flower pots to keep my guy's mood up and instead of having one solid black shadow it was split up in bars...

I'm embarassed I never realized this before. I've since noticed it a million times. The shadow position even changes through the night, when the only light comes from lamps. The shadow problem probably won't be fixed until RW gets dynamic lighting. Anyways, I would love to help with this mod, but I doubt I'm qualified. In fact, I don't even remember where I got the impression you were looking for help. So I guess I will contribute by wishing you luck: Good luck, RA Team. There, I helped.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Hydromancerx

Could a new standalone Neolthic Weapons mod be made from this? Such as the ...

- Neolithic Hammer
- Neolithic Axe
- Tomahawk
- Sling

Also the Bone Armor is cool looking.

donoya

This looks very much like the Hardcore SK Modpack, just without the mid- and late-game content. Keep up the good work.

On a side note, I may be able to help out with some of the programming. I haven't worked much with XML, though, just C# and Java mainly. I do know how XML works as a language, but I don't know how it's used in Rimworld. But I'm very willing to learn as I know I'll need it in order to do any modding in rimworld. Let me know if you're interested as I have lots of free time right now.

BlackSmokeDMax

Kolljak

Oh my is this what has become of my eons idea marvelous or did u drop the idea and start from scratch eitherway its amazing. im waiting for the game to be fully released before i try my hand at making my overhaul.

Modraneth