[mod request] realistic movement speed

Started by blub01, May 23, 2016, 02:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blub01

can somebody please change movement speed to realistic levels to see what would happen? I'm kind of sick of having colonists move 20m/h, and I'd like to find a solution to that.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Mightyrick1

It's really easy, just go to the core folder, then open the Thingdefs_Races map, open the Races_Humanlike file and change the movement speed to something higher. Just be aware that this will affect every human, not just your own colonists
Amateur modder / YT LPer at www.tiny.cc/DDYoutube
mods : Elysian Flags - Mscarsonelle's theme

blub01

I really just want to know what would happen to the game if everything moved at something reasonable, considering how accelerated the game is.

EDIT: btw, tried it and it didn't seem to do anything.
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

The King of Nipples

I tried changing the speed for humans tried 7.61 first did not see a difference then 10.61 same thing no difference then the next time 1099.61 same speed is there any other way to change it besides in the race for human def

blub01

update: for changes to take effect, you apparently have to completely reboot the game (close it, start it up again). also, a complete mod for this is warranted considering that if you change movement speed, you then have to change weapon fire rate to offset the lower time until a melee attacker reaches a pawn, probably adjust crafting recipes to take a tad longer, etc. etc. all in all, that's a bit much to do it manually.