Started by lance789, May 23, 2016, 12:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lance789

How many colonists can a player have?

berni1212

i think it was up to 50 if i am not Wrong
Lost Soul in the World of Rimworld

Flare Flicker

Unmodded in alpha 12 I got about 15 give or take a few.. My warden tried for a year to get 6 different people to join, his skill capped at 20 and still 0% chance. The more colonists you have the harder it gets to get more colonists, after a few unlucky shots and a few dead colonists my warden got 3 prisoners to join within the hour.

joaonunes

It depends on the storyteller, and they have a "soft" cap between 10-20 colonists. From that point forward slave traders don't carry slaves anymore and recruiting chance decreases by so much it won't be possible to recruit anyone sooner or later...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

It is solely dependant on the story teller and that's it.  Difficulty does not matter.  Look in /Mods/Core/Defs/StorytellerDefs for the specific values.

For quick reference: (min/max/critical)
Cassandra & Phoebe: 4/13/18
Randy: 4/13/50

The "critical" value is when no more slaves will be available and when recruitment is virtually impossible.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

joaonunes

Quote from: 1000101 on May 23, 2016, 08:19:34 PM
It is solely dependant on the story teller and that's it.  Difficulty does not matter.  Look in /Mods/Core/Defs/StorytellerDefs for the specific values.

The "critical" value is when no more slaves will be available and when recruitment is virtually impossible.

You wont get a better answer than this one :)
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

lance789

Can I change these values without breaking the game? I find it massively annoying that I can recruit any more then 13 colonist even though i play Randy/Extreme/400x400 map.

Listen1

Playing Randy in A13 on my 11 year old colony, and i'm pretty sure that slaves stop showing when it hits the max value.

Also I'm stuck at 18 colonists playing with Randy. Maybe I should change the storyteller and then go back to see if something changes.