[Mod Request] Better Firefighting

Started by joaonunes, May 23, 2016, 12:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaonunes

So... you dropped from a spaceship, came from a glitterworld full of technology and futuristic stuff, but still put out fires by punching them...

Leems Segit, right?

My request is simple: I heard that a new firefighting system is being developed for vanilla, somewhere, but in the mean time, would it be possible to make a mod to add fire extinguishers? Like the one in here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11988.0
This one is not being updated anymore, and it would be nice to have something better to put out fires than the colonist's hands...

EDIT: I can't remember if I saw a similar mod elsewhere and can't find it anymore.... If there really is a mod similar to this, give me the link please :D
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

bubbler123

you know that there is already a fire extinguisher ingame?  do you even play the game? xD

Admiral Obvious

Quote from: bubbler123 on May 28, 2016, 10:31:29 PM
you know that there is already a fire extinguisher ingame?  do you even play the game? xD

It's more like an explosive barrel that puts out fire instead of making holes.

A weapon type of item that works to put out fire would be interesting to see. Especially in cases where the target room in question reaches 300 C.

joaonunes

Quote from: bubbler123 on May 28, 2016, 10:31:29 PM

Yes I play the game, but dont like the fire-foam poppwr's mechanics and I dont want to need an exploding foam device in every room when I could easily have a couple fire extinguishers in a strategic position and then have some colonists pick them up and clear the whole colony, while being mobile.
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

bubbler123

i play the megamodpack and there are flamethrowers which you can give firefoam munition but i never used it so i dont know how it works