Make an Much more Clear Outaded sign to a Mod
4 (6.8%)
Not Voting [sorry for adding this so Late]
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: July 23, 2016, 01:01:06 PM

berni1212

Hello.

I am Playing rimworld a lot and enjoying the Forum but would it be a great ideea to make the Releases in Seperate Katagorys like A11 A12 A13 if the Mod is Not being Updated or work on it ?
so its Easyer to find the New mods and the Old ones for older Versions are Seperated to the New versions so its not that Derpy if u find under many A13 Mods 1 A11 or older so u don't get Confused with it ?

1. It would be much more Clear to see if this is an Mod were Progress is made
2. you can better select your Game Version with mods u want to play
3. smaler mods don't lose there sight because people comment on Old Post
4. Would be nice from u guys :)

Please Vote Everyone It can help all of us i add a Vote thing were u can vote for Leav it like it is if u don't want changes but don't just Skip this vote and leave it

Thanks  for reading and Voting

Sincerely your

berni1212

have a nice day and Enjoy Rimworld
8) for every misstype u find u can earn a local cookie in your dreams  8)
Lost Soul in the World of Rimworld

joaonunes

I agree that it is frustrating to not being able to see "small" mods because people keep posting on the bigger ones, even though some of them are for v12 or something... makes searching new mods more difficult, since there is not a list for updated mods as soon as any mod appears...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

berni1212

Thanks for your Awsner i hope the Moderator will see it too and change something if enough Members vote.

Sincerely your

berni1212

joaonunes

I did not vote because I don't think my answer fit any of the options... The current system is "we keep the mods in the released thread up to 2 versions back", and it works, you dont see any alpha 10 mods in the released thread, while you do see some mods for a12 working on a13 and yet they do not update the tag. The system "works", but the small/new mods are easily forgotten...

Headshotkill

I hate to be the local "grammar nazi", but it would probably help to read your own posts before posting them and spot some of the mistakes. I remember some years back when starting to enter several (game)forums that my linguistic skills weren't of high standard but it helped to check my own posts after typing them and looking up the correct spelling of some words.
You're probably not a native english speaker like me, so the fact you're trying to translate to english is already a good sign! :D

berni1212

Quote from: joaonunes on May 24, 2016, 10:12:36 AM
I did not vote because I don't think my answer fit any of the options... The current system is "we keep the mods in the released thread up to 2 versions back", and it works, you dont see any alpha 10 mods in the released thread, while you do see some mods for a12 working on a13 and yet they do not update the tag. The system "works", but the small/new mods are easily forgotten...
there are A11 but thats the Problem and Small mods are allways down because of Big mods They could Make it so that Big mods are getting their Own Captcha(if its the right word ...)

milon

I'm not going to vote on this one - I'm pretty flexible when it comes to stuff like this and I don't have a very strong opinion in this case.  There's pros and cons to every approach and I can't think of one that's a clear winner.  But I'll keep an eye on it, and if there's enough interest I'll discuss it with the others mods & Tynan.

Subscribed.

EDIT - I voted.  Still keeping my eye on this, of course.

Toggle

I don't think the first option would work out very well. People generally have lists of mods, or will be in the process of updating, so either they'd have to create entire new threads for each alpha or be calling for moderators a lot to move em. Outdated works fine for just moving mods that aren't up to date.

Really, I think a pinned mods list that someone is willing to actively update would work better for showing off all the mods. Some people already do this, and since it shows generally small descriptions and just links directly to their pages, there doesn't seem to be a better solution.

Along with that though, there could be an open google docs, link pinned in a mods thread, which would allow new mod creators to edit it and put in info for their own new mods. And there is currently a thread meant solely for new mod releases, if it's still there.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

milon

I was just thinking along those same lines.  There's a pinned A13 mod release thread (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18353.0), and it's a trivial matter to unsticky it and pin a new one when A14 comes out.  I think that's the best solution for mods, users, etc.  Then you just glance through the pinned thread once in a while when you're looking for relevant mods.

Changed my mind, I'm voting.  :)

RazorHed

I would make a sticky post in the mods forum for at least 12d and 13 by a moderator where the 1st post is a list of all known mods for that version.  Its kind of like the new mods sticky post now except for that list

Toggle

Eh. No point in having a sticky for alpha updates(Like 12b/c/d), as it ends up being updated too quick. And with previous alpha threads, there's no point because there would be few left. Everyone updates their thread to the new alpha, and unless they are simple and the code wasn't changed in between, they generally aren't compatible with the old alpha. So there'd be few un-updated ones in the old alpha thread.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

milon

Quote from: RazorHed on May 26, 2016, 03:26:44 PM
I would make a sticky post in the mods forum for at least 12d and 13 by a moderator where the 1st post is a list of all known mods for that version.  Its kind of like the new mods sticky post now except for that list

Does anyone still play A12?  I mean - all the cool kids are doing A13 these days.  :P

joaonunes

Quote from: milon on May 27, 2016, 09:33:36 AM
Quote from: RazorHed on May 26, 2016, 03:26:44 PM

Does anyone still play A12?  I mean - all the cool kids are doing A13 these days.  :P

does anyone play A11? still mods available for A11 :/

Fluffy (l2032)

I'm not voting, because frankly I think any forum based solution is going to be sub-optimal. The current setup with a sticky for updated mods is probably the best we can achieve on the forums. Responsibility for correctly placing and labelling should be with the modders, not moderators. That's something we're just not going to get on the forums, and you can't really expect moderators to keep everything always up to date.

Not particularly fond of steam workshop either, and it will create some issues with auto-updates, but it should at least be a step up. Ideally, I'd like there to be a section of the ludeon/rimworld website that has a categorized, searchable mod hosting function with some extra functionality (e.g. notifications, github release integration - but really, just a categorized searchable list would be great).

berni1212

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 27, 2016, 05:07:58 PM
I'm not voting, because frankly I think any forum based solution is going to be sub-optimal. The current setup with a sticky for updated mods is probably the best we can achieve on the forums. Responsibility for correctly placing and labelling should be with the modders, not moderators. That's something we're just not going to get on the forums, and you can't really expect moderators to keep everything always up to date.

But why not Give the Modders with Good Running mods ( always updated oned ) the Feture to Move the Mods again to the Version without a Admin but ONLY THERE OWN mod not anyone else and the Moderators are here to Controll that

Not particularly fond of steam workshop either, and it will create some issues with auto-updates, but it should at least be a step up. Ideally, I'd like there to be a section of the ludeon/rimworld website that has a categorized, searchable mod hosting function with some extra functionality (e.g. notifications, github release integration - but really, just a categorized searchable list would be great).