[A15] Less Incident Trolling (v1.4.3 / 26 Aug 2016)

Started by RemingtonRyder, October 15, 2014, 03:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gibson8088

Can this fine mod be coded to include diseases?  I swear they are firing off like mad!  I am currently playing with what's supposed to be the tame storyteller on Basebuilder to try out some mods and my colonists are getting this disease or that practically every other day!  One poor colonist currently has muscle parasites, gut worms and fibrous mechanites!

Jan2607

Quote from: Gibson8088 on April 17, 2016, 01:03:23 AM
Can this fine mod be coded to include diseases?  I swear they are firing off like mad!  I am currently playing with what's supposed to be the tame storyteller on Basebuilder to try out some mods and my colonists are getting this disease or that practically every other day!  One poor colonist currently has muscle parasites, gut worms and fibrous mechanites!

Yeah, that would be really nice. In only 2 wekks, two of my colonists got really every possible disease... That's not funny anymore! :(

RemingtonRyder

I will look into it. Diseases now have their own IncidentMaker class so should be interesting to see what's what.

Edit: I've looked into it and, I don't know what to do at the moment. Perhaps scale immunity to disease with difficulty, assuming that it isn't already done and I just can't see it. Once your colonists are cured, they have a period of immunity to that disease, as far as I can tell.

Maybe you should make a suggestion that native pawns have their own random set of immunities to local diseases, and that only pawns which arrive from space (like your three initial survivors) have no immediate immunity to the local strains.

Gibson8088

Quote from: MarvinKosh on April 17, 2016, 03:28:11 PM
I will look into it. Diseases now have their own IncidentMaker class so should be interesting to see what's what.

Edit: I've looked into it and, I don't know what to do at the moment. Perhaps scale immunity to disease with difficulty, assuming that it isn't already done and I just can't see it. Once your colonists are cured, they have a period of immunity to that disease, as far as I can tell.

Maybe you should make a suggestion that native pawns have their own random set of immunities to local diseases, and that only pawns which arrive from space (like your three initial survivors) have no immediate immunity to the local strains.

I looked at the files, too.  Technically it should be as simple as modifying the diseaseIntervalFactor, technically.  But is it a multiplier?  Or does it mean number of ticks or days between a chance of disease?  Set it too high and you may never see diseases, nullifying part of the challenge.  Or perhaps a modification to the mtbDays per disease in each biome.

But looking at these files makes me wonder if a Vaccination mod is possible.  GutWorm has a diseasePartsToAffect value of stomach.  Technically, no stomach = no GutWorm disease; which is a sad possibility in this game.  So what if each disease had a diseasePartsToAffect = immuneSystem?  Is it a nightmare to basically add a new "part" in this game?

Sorry, got the idea and had to ramble about it.  I'm not skilled enough to build a mod, sadly.  Happy to let anyone roll with this idea, though.

bluestrike15

Hope this mod gets updated! It really made Alpha 13 barrable for me.
Edit: Thanks for the reply  ;D

RemingtonRyder

It will take a little while, I think. Currently I have stripped it down for testing and I'm looking to do something different with the next version. Same thing for my other mods.

Or, it's done. :)

kaptain_kavern

ThiIsMe007

I would also support the inclusion of (lethal) diseases in this fine mod.

I don't mind non-lethal diseases, like "flu" or whatever, happening as often as the storyteller commands it, with all the inconveniences that it implies.

However, I've recently had the case of a lethal disease (plague) that hit 50% of my colonists, including my only decent doc, within the first year of my colony, with no option to grow medicinal herbs (because of a collection of "eclipse", "cold snap" and "volcanic winter" after the first spring) or to buy them from traders in the required quantities (there was one only passing trader, who sold 1 batch of herbs and rat meat).

This happened on "Phoebe Chillax" "Basebuilding" difficulty.

In any case, thank you for sharing your work with us.

RemingtonRyder

Okay then. What I'll do is mod the incidents for plague and malaria, and have them fire only after 75 and 85 days respectively have passed since landing. That's well over a year, long enough for you to pull together some medicine under less-than-ideal conditions.

Some of the other diseases are covered by a different mod.

I think it would be nice if Tynan added disease vectors. Infected animals, airborne insects, that sort of thing. But then it would be getting a bit Plague Inc and possibly you know how that game goes. ;)

Edit: Released v1.4.2 :)

ThiIsMe007

Thank you very much for the quick release.

My colonists about to "crash for a new game" and I sure appreciate it.

RemingtonRyder

I've released an A15 version - see top post for links. There's no announcements thread yet for A15, hence the bump.