suggestion for gliter world meds: chronic killers

Started by billycop32, May 21, 2016, 07:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billycop32

Ok, so from what I can tell gliter world meds do not have any good use beyond giving a good heal, and as such aren't really bought in favor of heal root(I miss the old name btw)

so here is an idea: if the medication is so advanced, could't it cure chronic conditions like asthma or bad backs? if it was allowed to do that gliter world medication's valve would skyrocket in my eyes, much like bionic limbs do.

Furthermore, though this might not be needed, maybe it could reduce a colonist's age?

I'd like to hear what you all think of this, just stay polite about the discussion okay? thank you!

TheWoodElf

Sounds like a brilliant idea. I'd love to see it in the game.

Wex

It's the most sound proposition I have "heard" about glitterworld meds!
+1 to you
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Krisvare

It's really important for me. Including expected others to read or study.

carbon

I like this idea as well.

One thing I might suggest though is that it "treats" rather than "cures" the ailment. An old-timer can keep going as though they were young, but only so long as you can afford to retreat them every few seasons or so.

Allowing it to permanently remove scar tissue (maybe up to 5 or 10 points worth per med), could also work.

Travinsky

I would definitely like to see Glitterworld medicine become more useful (Even if it meant it became a lot more expensive).

I've had colonists with severe brain damage and spine damage that meant I sorta had to eutanize them, it might be a nice addition if Glitterworld medicine could be used to cure that during an operation.

And the idea that it can prolong youthfullness so long as a colonist has access to it is certainly an interesting idea that I would welcome.

At the moment I grow all the xerigium I need and then I only buy medicine for hospital beds, after that point I never lose a colonist to poor medical treatment so anything that makes Glitterword medicine useful would be a nice addition.

Kegereneku

And another +1 for Glitterworlds meds being like Nanotech miracle medicine.
So far I get 100% efficient result just training a Medic with normal meds, if not root ones.

Why not even consider it the requirement for Surgery ? It would explain how you can do awesome surgery despite being lost on a remote planet with no academic training.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

billycop32

No, I don't want to make it a requirement for any surgery. a minimum skill and a way to knock out the patient should be all that is needed. but we are talking about treatments and/or cures, which is completely different. yes you can surgically remove a tumor, but there are a lot better ways to remove that aren't as...painful. especially in a era were we are supposed to have space travel.