Cassandra is Broken

Started by Shurp, May 24, 2016, 07:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

It's the 3rd day of summer in the first year.  My colonists are armed with a random collection of pistols, pilas, and whatever else I've scrounged off of attackers.  My colony is worth less than 27,000s.  And Cassandra Challenge keeps throwing sieges at me, which obviously I can only get rid of by loading a prior save.

This is so broken I'm reporting it as a bug.  This is the sort of thing Randy should be doing.  Did someone switch Randy and Cassandra by accident?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Listen1

Quote from: Shurp on May 24, 2016, 07:20:16 AM
...And Cassandra Challenge keeps throwing sieges at me...

Isn't the events on cassandra, until certain point, all scheduled to happen in the same sequence? Maybe try to kill the siege with Devmode, then keep playing to see what happens.

milon

Yeah, that seems really early for a siege.  Are you using any mods?

Shurp

The only mods are those I wrote myself -- one to fix trading, another to remove Inferno Cannons.  That's it.  Yet Cassandra Challenge thinks I'm ready for sieges after 29 days on the planet.  Kinda... bizarre.

Also I'm getting back-to-back tribal raids, 3 days apart, barely enough time to clean up from one before the next shows up.

Oh, wait a second, I just had a look and saw that it is now set to Cassandra Extreme.  Huh?  I don't remember doing that... but *maybe* that would explain it.  Still it's more the sort of thing I'd expect to see from Randy.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

milon

Okay, I'm hopeful this is resolved.

If the game goes nuts again, or if Cassandra gets taken over by her evil twin again, post and let us know.

Tynan

Storytellers have been reworked. In any case, I'm not sure this is broken. Just tough/bad luck.

No other issues like this are reported. I'll close this until there's more of a pattern.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog