[A13] visitors die by heat stroke

Started by firescythe, April 29, 2016, 02:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firescythe

I guess this is just unintentional mechanics in vanilla A13.

So basically, I get visitors during a heat wave on a map of 200, and without any effort in delaying them, they just die off by extreme heat stroke.

My village is in center of map, and their entry-exit point was almost in corner, so effectively they spent +30-42% of time than shortest way. Two of them died, other two left with luck but on edge.

Maybe giving shade attribute to trees and that being used by passing visitors could prevent progress of heat stroke and so they may attempt to endure until the heat wave is gone - if they bare it with food.
Simply just being ignorant to heat wave and doing same visitor behaviour seems to me something to be improved.

I would expect:
- reasonable visitors - this might kick off to something like visitors making decision if it worths the risk. I can imagine situation when traders/visitors/raiders are so desperate to risk it still, even with advanced or simple gear. On the other hand, non-intelligent characters may still do this mistake.
- leaders and executive members of a visitor group may prefer to pick the gear of died off companions. Slaves may take a chance to free themselves at the moment, especially well-trained fighters. Hmmm... slave riots would also be nice to see :)

ison

I think it's already fixed, though I'd like Tynan to confirm.

Tynan

I have worked on this actually. Mostly it was for people freezing to death, but I'll make sure it works for heat as well.

Thanks for reporting.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog