Art can reference tales that occurred after the artist started working

Started by milon, May 24, 2016, 07:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

RimWorld A13

Artwork can be anachronistic (misplaced in time).  See attached image for example.

Oops!  I just noticed that I cropped the date off the image.  *facepalm*  I was messing around with some other things and didn't save the game, so this particular instance is lost.

But I know for a fact that when I took the screenshot, the in-game date & time was the 1st of fall, 5500 at 7h.  The artwork is a grand sculpture which took the artist days to make.  And unless Eva 'Philly' Jefferson is psychic, then this is anachronistic.

What I expected to happen: All event-based artwork on an object should reference an event that took place before the creation of said artwork began.

As an aside, Lumi is In Shock.  Should she be able to have a social conversation like she's doing in the image?  If that's an actual bug, I can make a separate thread for it.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Tynan

Maybe the artist spent most of their time working on the background elements and was inspired by a more recent event?

I guess you're right this could be called a bug, but it's so inconsequential that I'm actually just going to close it as "not worth worrying about". It would be tricky to fix and there's just better things to work on. Thanks for reporting either way.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog