Limited Downloads

Started by tomtastic, May 24, 2016, 09:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomtastic

So I'm considering picking up this game because I watched Negerk play it on youtube and it looks awesome.
But.
The FAQ says that SendOwl gives limited downloads, and if I buy it now then there's no guarantee I'll get a steam key for it. I'm not super excited about having to buy the game twice, so, absent a steam key, will Ludeon continue resetting download numbers for users after this game is finally released on steam?
And for how long?

Daman453

Pretty sure Tyran wouldn't do that. Nah, he leaves it as is, even if it goes to steam.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

tomtastic

eff it, I'm just going to buy it.

Patience was never my strong suit.

Daman453

Aye, and welcome to the fourms
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Tynan

Don't worry, we'll still support non-Steam after Steam release.

And welcome :)
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

billycop32

ah yes, welcome dear vict....colonist to rimworld and the rimworld forum. enjoy your stay, and don't mind the explosions in the background....that is normal.

Nelrea

Welcome! i hope you dont have any plans for the week coz Rimworld will take them all away without you realizing. Soon youll be saying "just one more day then bedtime" like the rest of us! lol

harpo99999

Quote from: Nelrea on May 25, 2016, 07:31:56 AM
Welcome! i hope you dont have any plans for the week coz Rimworld will take them all away without you realizing. Soon youll be saying "just one more day then bedtime" like the rest of us! lol
what do you mean just one more day before bed, I am at 1 week before bed, and look like I might have to increase the time before bed further,
and welcome new pawn, hope you are able to work VERY hard at a wide range of tasks, can haul mountains of stuff, sleep in a hole berely bigger than you are, and enjoy the rare break between attacks from tribals and raiders and mechaniods

Chibiabos

Rimworld is like steroids for procrastination XD
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Aqma

Quote from: Tynan on May 24, 2016, 11:08:17 PM
Don't worry, we'll still support non-Steam after Steam release.

And welcome :)

Thank you Tynan for this, as one of the few (or many who knows ...) that dislike steam and would rather not use it, I am super happy to hear that we will continue to have a non-steam option even after the steam release! :)

Xeferah

Won't he give a steam key to all users who bought the game already? I have no idea, but I can imagine the games can be linked? I like to have my games on the same platform. Sometimes I replay a game I haven't played in years, and most likely I would have forgotten my logins on the official website.

milon

See my recent post about the upcoming Alpha 14 release and Steam  ;)