Randy Being Randy...

Started by The-MathMog, May 25, 2016, 07:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

actually ive never had one of these moments with randy, (usually play rough or what ever the one after base builder is since i take my time and sometimes cheat a little). i think the weirdest ever would have to be a man hunter (wargs) come during a heat wave (very boring few days for the colonist)
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Wex

Drop pods, containing husky meat; elephant manhunters; infestation.
One after the other.
I had so much meat, I put my dogs in the fridge.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

muffins

It was -30 outside and Randy sent me a solar flare. Had to panic-build a ton of campfires to keep my crops alive overnight.

The solar flare ends and Randy sends me a crop blight right after ...

???

milon

Reminds me of my first toxic fallout event. I had huge outdoor gardens and little surplus power. I panic-built a geothermal (had *just* researched it), along with sun lamps and doors (they support roofs and don't block light when open) and power lines. By careful pawn rotation I was able to save my most important stuff. Hooray!

Randy: "Blight falls, every crop does" :P

Wex

Randy can also be your best pal.
After a long bionic part starvation, a trade caravan, full of legs and eyes and arm passes by.
I emptied my reserves of silver.
The trade caravan moves away.
RAID!
The pirates spawn in front of the caravan. Huge fight ensues:2 pirates prisoner, all my silver back, relation with faction improved by saving the pawns, a bunch of component and a couple of dead muffalos.
Thank you Randy!
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

milon

^ True that.  I had a wild cougar and a wild bear both attack a caravan as it showed up in fall or winter of the 1st year.  They went for the pack-muffalo and incap'd it, causing it to drop everything it was carrying.  The trade leader ran away, and the caravan guards killed the predators.  I got 2 dead yummy animals plus a ton of silver, 80+ components, etc.  Then I dropped down an animal spot and "rescued" the muffalo back to my base.  I built walls around it and waited for it to expire (make that 3 yummy dead animals!).  The caravan guards didn't seem to mind me looting them or kidnapping their wounded muffalo.  :)  Thanks Randy!

b0rsuk

My colony has 7 people and only 3 Medicine I bought from a pirate merchant at a premium price. The rest is herbal medicine and the last time Plague struck, my 55 year old colonist nearly died.

Randy just dropped me 32 Medicine in a single stack.