[A13] ♫ Rimusic ♫ - v1.0.0 - (25.05.2016)

Started by HolyWinter, May 26, 2016, 12:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HolyWinter

♫ Rimusic ♫
A13 - v1.0.0

This is my very first mod and a small one to boot and I hope to add more over time. This mod just introduces an additional song to play in the background while in game. This song only plays during the night since it seems more appropriate at that time. The song will be cycled in with the other Vanilla Rimworld soundtrack, so no need to worry about this replacing anything.

♪ Info ♪
The instrumental songs title is not of the English language and roughly translates to "And it became a star". The tune is quite soothing so I felt its best to restrict it to night only. In development mode you can hear the song right away in the "debug actions menu" and selecting "Start Song". The original composer is 稿屋 隆 and you can find their info HERE 

Downloads:
All latest versions can be found here:
Dropbox-[A13]-♫Rimusic♫-v1.0.0

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder. Easy enough.
- Activate the mod in the mods tab (EdB Mod Order Recommended).

Compatibility:
- Conflict?: This mod should not conflict in any way with other mods.
- Save Game Friendly?: Yes, all it adds is a soundtrack and should not require a new game.

FAQ:
Q: Will more songs be added?
A: I intend to.

Q: Why is the soundtrack quiet?
A: Tynan has confirmed with me that it is a bug in A13 but fixed in A14, also i've tried in numerous ways to make it play louder but the best I can do is edit the soundtrack by increasing its decibels, unfortunately doing that too much decreases the soundtrack quality as well.

Credits:
Give credit where credit is due.

• Mightyrick1 - Thank you for your guide and your Youtube channel!  ;D
  • 稿屋 隆 - For composing "And it became a star" and making it available for download!
To Do:
- Add more songs, duh.
- Figure out what rhythms with Orange.

Suggestions?:
- I'll consider adding any suggestions for background music (Preferably non-copyright music)

License:
- Your free to include this mod in mod-packs, Just be sure to link back here and credit me for the mod  ;D
- Your free to messily butcher the code.
- Your free to use the soundtrack just be sure to give credit to the composer "稿屋 隆".
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
Find me on Steam and also follow my curator page!
My Steam Page.
~Holy

TheFlameTouched

Anything that adds more content is a plus for me :D

Wivex

Sounds a bit minecraft style, but pretty nice anyway. There are almost no music mods, so each of them is a treasure.

HolyWinter

Quote from: Wivex on May 26, 2016, 01:36:06 AM
Sounds a bit minecraft style, but pretty nice anyway. There are almost no music mods, so each of them is a treasure.

Not a bad description honestly of how it sounds.

I'll try my best keeping the audio as close to Rimworld esk as possible (maybe with a few exceptions), but I can only find so many.
I do currently have one lined up that I personally feel like sort of meets Rimworlds theme, only issue is Copyright which I'm currently in the process of obtaining permission for.
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
My Steam Page.
~Holy

MarcTheMerc

"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

Zack_Wester

I was thinking wouldn't it be easier to add a folder where each user could dump the sound files(.MP3 .OGG .whatever) they wanted. and have a script or something that scan said folder and generate a playlist of all the tracks found in it.
I know you can do that whit a basic .Pyton script.

HolyWinter

Quote from: Zack_Wester on May 26, 2016, 12:38:40 PM
I was thinking wouldn't it be easier to add a folder where each user could dump the sound files(.MP3 .OGG .whatever) they wanted. and have a script or something that scan said folder and generate a playlist of all the tracks found in it.
I know you can do that whit a basic .Pyton script.

I'd love to implement something like this but unfortunately I lack the knowledge and understanding.

That said, I'm not unwilling to give it a try.
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
My Steam Page.
~Holy

Peppsen

I actually made a song for RimWorld today and you're welcome to use it in this mod, I was gonna make my own mod for it but why not just add it it to this one, right?  :)
Check it out here, if there's anything you want to change or tweak, that is possible!
If you want I can make more :P

OrbitalSP3

Quote from: Peppsen on May 30, 2016, 02:49:11 PM
I actually made a song for RimWorld today and you're welcome to use it in this mod, I was gonna make my own mod for it but why not just add it it to this one, right?  :)
Check it out here, if there's anything you want to change or tweak, that is possible!

Nice song. I like it. Fits the game atmosphere.

XxMSWShadowxX

I like it, you could even see if Tynan would like to use it with the in game soundtrack, it fits the theme relatively well :)
Virtus, honor, victoria, qualis fides magnatorum effodit.

HolyWinter

Very Nice! I like it, I like it a lot!

I've noticed you decided to make a mod and already posted it, nice work!
If you would still like me to include it into this, I will.
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
My Steam Page.
~Holy

Peppsen

Sure, feel free to add it! Be sure to get the song from my mod, since the one I uploaded to picosong is not .ogg (the format that RimWorld accepts)

Also, you should change your code in the SongDefs to this

<SongDef>
<clipPath>Anditbecameastar</clipPath>
<volume>1.0</volume>
<allowedTimeOfDay>Night</allowedTimeOfDay>
</SongDef>

So it actually only plays at night :D

HolyWinter

Quote from: Peppsen on June 06, 2016, 02:35:31 PM
Sure, feel free to add it! Be sure to get the song from my mod, since the one I uploaded to picosong is not .ogg (the format that RimWorld accepts)

Also, you should change your code in the SongDefs to this

<SongDef>
<clipPath>Anditbecameastar</clipPath>
<volume>1.0</volume>
<allowedTimeOfDay>Night</allowedTimeOfDay>
</SongDef>

So it actually only plays at night :D

Is that not how I did the code? Is it not playing only at night?
I'll have to double check it.

I will work on some changes the 11th since i'll have data back then.
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
My Steam Page.
~Holy