Files needed.

Started by JimmyProvince, June 01, 2016, 04:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyProvince

Apparently, trying to mod the XML files in the "Traits" folder in the Core folder is a bad idea...
I found out that a few traits are missing from my game (vanilla traits).
I confirmed it by Randomizing the starting colonists (where many vanilla traits were gone) AND with Edb's Prepare Carefully mod (where I could not find certain traits such as Neurotic).

Can someone upload a clean and untouched file of the Core folder? I would really appreciate it!

Any suggestions of me reinstalling the game will be in vain as my Internet connection is extremely weakened.

milon

Are you asking for just the traits files, or everything in Core?

And this is why you make mods separate from Core. And keep a copy of your installers. ;)

EDIT - Just to be clear, I'm not offering files.  I'm curious what the extent of the damage is.  And if you have bad internet at home and need a redownload, I suggest you grab a flash drive and use your download link from another location.

Shurp

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game is probably your best choice.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Zokora

You have already downloaded the file for your installation of A13.
Just use the same downloaded file for the re- installation.