Fair trade prices

Started by Entropy147, May 25, 2016, 06:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Entropy147

I'm sure someone has brought this up before, but this has been bugging me for a while especially now with trader caravans and whatnot, so, I'll give you an actual example, so I'm running an arid shrub land colony (or whatever it's called) and I'm running low on medicine and the trader just so happens to have some, so these are the prices: Me: 1 meds for 12 silver, they sell 1 meds for 44 silver, I have 1 meds in my stockpile, and they bought about 15, is the game trying to tell me that my level 11 social guy can't sway lower prices from the traders? what I'm suggesting is that the price at which traders sell things should lower based on the colonists social skill, for example a level 1 guy couldn't sway medicine prices, however a level 20 colonist should be able to sway medicine prices to "Very Cheap" and be able to sway the trader to buy your supplies for more. as of right now I don't believe this is a thing, but I find it unfair that it costs me 40 silver for 1 med, while it costs them less than 15 silver to buy my medicine, perhaps this could pave the way for more traits, or add more use for traits such as beautiful, ugly and psychopath.

GarettZriwin

Not everyone wants to sell you all they have, from prices it seem that they want to buy medicine and sell it only if you really make it worth their while.

Darth Fool

Social skill does effect prices, but not much.

Entropy147

Quote from: GarettZriwin on May 26, 2016, 05:13:09 AM
Not everyone wants to sell you all they have, from prices it seem that they want to buy medicine and sell it only if you really make it worth their while.
fair enough, but I would assume the colonists would also only sell medicine (or whatever) if the traders really made it worthwhile, instead of giving it away for essentially next to nothing, what I'm suggesting is that in trade screen, your prices are "normal" and not "very cheap or cheap" as it is with traders.

GarettZriwin

Quote from: Sentry on May 26, 2016, 03:07:00 PM
Quote from: GarettZriwin on May 26, 2016, 05:13:09 AM
fair enough, but I would assume the colonists would also only sell medicine (or whatever) if the traders really made it worthwhile, instead of giving it away for essentially next to nothing, what I'm suggesting is that in trade screen, your prices are "normal" and not "very cheap or cheap" as it is with traders.
You sell for as high as trader wants - 15$, market price.
They don't want to sell Medicine and the minimum they want is overpriced - 45$.

Traders are not desperate, perhaps if Faction Economy will be added to game it will change, but now they don't have their own stocks so traders are assumed to have at least enough goods to not overprice goods on them.