Turret targeting "Bill" on enemy health.

Started by oronnoro2, May 26, 2016, 06:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oronnoro2

I love Rimworld and the community mods, however,  I feel something needs to change with turrets. From watching one of my favorite youtubers play Rimworld and from seeing it myself when I play the game, turrets need a way to switch to a new target when fighting multiple pawns.

I think a bill on turrets would fix this. With a bill you can specify at how much health the turret should be attaching that enemy, unless its the last enemy then all turrets keep attacking.

Out of 6 turrets 2 of them could be attacking from 100% to 75% health, another 2 could go from 75-50 and the last 2 from 50-0% health. If there are 4 targets then the turrets that are told to attack pawns with the most health should attack the target with most health even if that target is below the "bill" rule.

I would like to see this because multiple times I've seen several turrets attack the very fist enemy they see when there is a raid, over killing that 1 target then going on a reload pried at which point your waiting for them to start attacking again. My suggestion is to allow us to specify at how much health each turret should be attaching that enemy, this would allow us to use them more efficiently and not have 10 turrets attack the same target, unless its the last target.

Thank you,
Oron

Vaporisor

This would probably not come in because there is sort of a negative opinion of automated defences.  Turrets are supposed to support, but not replace colonists.  In fact, bit of nerf to turrets.  Used to get a research to add an extra shot to the turret.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

oronnoro2

It could always be a turret that has been researched much later in the game, a more advanced turret, also isn't what the turret do now automated defense? They auto target your enemy and kill it, the only difference from what I'm suggesting is that if you have 10 turrets out they "all" attack the same target regardless if only 1 turret can kill that target.

What I suggest is to have half of those turrets attack another target with less or more health, nothing more. Automated defense is subjective as it already automates for you.