Cats!

Started by GhostPower, May 27, 2016, 05:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostPower

So, out of no where (Playing on Randy Random, Basebuilder) for no noticeable reason i got a "Cats!" mail thingy. And then I found myself owning about 8-9 cats. I found this hilarious but also upsetting since this would be a large strain on my food reserves, and thus set out to sell them. But I sadly found no one and instead they got some lovin' and made more cats. I turned into the crazy cat colony.
Run away from the cats!

koisama

Shabazza

Catstastrophy!

Never expierienced this. But I think as long as none of those cats has a bond to one of your Colonists, you can sell them without penalty.

GhostPower

Quote from: Shabazza on May 27, 2016, 06:20:37 AM
Catstastrophy!

Never expierienced this. But I think as long as none of those cats has a bond to one of your Colonists, you can sell them without penalty.

I sold most of them, but kept the pregnant one and a male. THe baby kitty was named Murderous so I have concerns now .-. But now I get plenty of Nuzzle mood buffs <3
Run away from the cats!

GarettZriwin

Yorkshire terriers are best for nuzzle buffs, few of them kept at inner part of colony(except freezer, duh!) willmake sure your craftsmen will have +25% work speed from good mood.

Thorin

mmm instead of making a lot of hot dogs, hot cats *New and Tasty*
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

cultist

Quote from: GhostPower on May 27, 2016, 06:59:12 AM
I sold most of them, but kept the pregnant one and a male. THe baby kitty was named Murderous so I have concerns now .-.

Mossy piglet

For the record everyone, how to tell if your cat is plotting to kill uou is actually the title of a book.
Tardigrades are superior to all other life forms in every way.

Ps I secretly am one I am the king of their civilization.

sadpickle

I thought small animals constant nuzzling was a drain to work efficiency since it pauses work and resets certain pawn jobs (iirc). But perhaps the mood buff is enough to counter it.

cultist

Quote from: sadpickle on May 31, 2016, 01:22:21 PM
I thought small animals constant nuzzling was a drain to work efficiency since it pauses work and resets certain pawn jobs (iirc). But perhaps the mood buff is enough to counter it.

It's a minor issue with mundane crafting like cooking, stonecutting, smelting, cremation etc. It doesn't really affect tailoring, art, research or most machining table recipes. I think the mood boost is worth it, as it's only a small amount of lost time for a decent buff that stacks (I think).

GarettZriwin

Just forbid zones with chairs in front of tables for work that shouldn't be interrupted, unfinished goods can be finished later so it is not a problem.

RazorHed

We should be able to use animals as fuel for generators and campfires. I little kitten BTUs goes a long way :)

Shurp

Have you tried stuffing them into the nutrient paste dispenser bin?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

RazorHed

Lol now you're talking!  Who needs a butcher table.