Banished!!!

Started by RedStorm58, February 15, 2014, 11:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedStorm58

Three more days until it comes out!! I have been waiting for this game for two and a half years, and it finally is going to be realised!!!!! What do you think the game will be like, and what would you like to add. Yes Yes YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not. It's just the beginning.

RedStorm58

When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not. It's just the beginning.

RedStorm58

One Day Left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haplo

I have the slight feeling that someone is reeeaaaallly excited about tomorrow, hmm?
Can't really blame you.. ;)

RedStorm58

God, this game will get more money than that terrible simcity 7. *shudder* Good thing i am still in the hospital until friday : ) My leg is a mangled mess. I think i told you guys that i am in the army. Afganistan, IED, ya it hurts. I still have to go to the hospital from time to time. But either way...... Cant wait for BANISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

palandus

Are you an Engineer, Red Storm and had to go disarm an IED?

RedStorm58

Used to be an engineer. I cant even remember what it felt like. Probably because I was so close to the bomb. Normally, females aren't usually in that line of work, but i am different. : ) Which is good and bad.

Jones-250

Yup, I watched Totalbiscuit's review, looked quite nice. I should probably try it sometime in the near future...
Skill,
  Cohesion
      and a Forward spirit.

ApexPredator

Red Storm, where is the review?

TronPrime1

Quote from: ApexPredator on February 19, 2014, 05:10:47 PM

She's to busy playing it to give us a review. xD

In all seriousness, is this a game I should consider getting? It looks interesting enough.

ApexPredator

Quote from: TronPrime1 on February 20, 2014, 01:05:21 PM
Quote from: ApexPredator on February 19, 2014, 05:10:47 PM

She's to busy playing it to give us a review. xD

In all seriousness, is this a game I should consider getting? It looks interesting enough.

I think that is a question only you can answer. Do you like city sim type games? If so its a pretty polished game with id say less features than most city sims.

RedStorm58

Hey guys, finally got time to do a reveiw. I didn't play that mush,just a couple hours. I had surgery on my leg. So. Banished is a great game, with great graphics, A.I. Is decent, and the many ways you could die is a plus. But there is a problem. It is ALWAYS DAY! It bothers me. Will post more later.

ApexPredator

Quote from: Red Storm 58 on February 20, 2014, 10:52:01 PM
Hey guys, finally got time to do a reveiw. I didn't play that mush,just a couple hours. I had surgery on my leg. So. Banished is a great game, with great graphics, A.I. Is decent, and the many ways you could die is a plus. But there is a problem. It is ALWAYS DAY! It bothers me. Will post more later.

I never thought about the day night cycle. I think the game would be too slow if they added nights to it. There is already 12 season modes that I think is more important for supplies. A A.I. gripe I have is with a hauling issue. Whenever you set something to be built the area needs to be cleared first and laborers will clear the area, then instead of adding the resources to the construction they take everything back to a stock pile and bring the same goods back to the construction site. Some resources can be hard to obtain since they rely on trading only with random boats which is realistic but with no currency it can be tricky.