Let bedridden colonists do something - anything!

Started by b0rsuk, May 29, 2016, 02:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorlem

Quote from: cultist on May 31, 2016, 07:41:56 PM
Quote from: b0rsuk on May 31, 2016, 02:29:48 PM
Wait a second - so you can also harvest eyes from prisoners to replace cataracts ?

No. You can remove natural eyes, but you don't get anything. Liver, heart, kidney can be harvested in vanilla. And bionics, but not brain implants like painstopper.
You can steal lungs to cure asthma, though.

b0rsuk

Quote from: charkesd on May 31, 2016, 08:21:49 PM
cant colonists watch tv while sick in bed?

i thought i read it in patch notes sometime ago
They can, and they seem to only dutifully do it during their joy hours!

b0rsuk

Another thing bedridden colonists can't do - dress themselves, or even let others dress them. Their clothes get worse and worse, and their mood drops. I know immobile colonists don't get mood breaks, but it still sucks.

Jstank

well you can build TV's now, and put them in the hospital. Don't ask me what is on the TV though.

You can also assign an animal zone to your hospital with a dog. The dog will go around and nuzzle patients to give them a mood boost.

Put art in your hospitals. Because nothing makes a patient happier than staring at a picture of a sailboat....

What else do you want? Being in a hospital is boring inl as well.

If I was in the hospital long term I would be playing RW on my laptop.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

Thane

A guy missing a leg should still be able to crawl along, many times a spinal injury only removes the ability to walk, a shattered pelvis does not remove your arms. In both of these cases it would be good to be able to put them to work after a while (rehab?).

Say it's your crafter who is downed. A method to keep them useful even after a debilitating injury might be very useful, even if it takes up a lot of your doc's time.
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

milon

+1 to this thread

Quote from: Thane on June 16, 2016, 08:12:13 AM
A guy missing a leg should still be able to crawl along, many times a spinal injury only removes the ability to walk...

Especially +1 to this

JimmyAgnt007

If we ever get tablets we can have them doing research.  Maybe a new type of art called 'handcrafts'.  Just whatever people in that situation would be doing to pass the time.  In real life we dont do much because there isnt much you CAN do.  Though I bet if you could work from the hospital bed you would just to combat the boredom.

Quote from: Jstank on June 16, 2016, 04:30:31 AM
well you can build TV's now, and put them in the hospital. Don't ask me what is on the TV though.

My show.

Jstank

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

Alpha393

Quote from: Jstank on August 25, 2016, 08:21:59 PM
Posting on rimworld forums all day no doubt!
Day three. They've begun to suspect my identity.

giannikampa

I want to add my useless +1 to the suggestion that legless people should still be able to crawl and use Crutches in their weapon slot for a small speed boost and keep being a part of the colony.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Sanaart

I would really like to have an option to give these guys wheelchairs; perhaps the same movement speed as a peg leg, but they tire much more quickly while moving, thus incentivizing you to give them jobs with not so much movement.

SpaceDorf

+1 from me,

I dutifully installed TVs in my Hospital Room, but having something to do for bedridden patients would be great.
Or do something against it, like the Idea of Crutches and Wheelchairs.

Also I would like to comment here, that it would be really nice if Colonists could get rescued when their mobility falls below a certain percentage ( 70 or 60 ) so they don't bleed out while they crawl across the map, bravely greeting and talking to their friends on the way. In the worst case scenario getting in a social fight with the cleaner who is following them, mopping up the blood.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.