[1.0/1.1] Talons Faction 1.95 (02/03/20 update) The I live update

Started by MarcTheMerc, May 29, 2016, 07:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcTheMerc

I can't reproduce these errors but if figure what mod it may be having compatability issues with ill see what i can do.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

MarcTheMerc

"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

TOWC

Some changelog or some notification that you just updated the mod without any changes would be quite handy.

MarcTheMerc

Quote from: TOWC on December 23, 2016, 06:36:50 AM
Some changelog or some notification that you just updated the mod without any changes would be quite handy.
But it does have more features new enemy, new mech. Now all I need to do is make a custom logo for the world map.
But in future ill make some sort of change log.

asquirrel

Hey Marc,
I'm not sure if it was your mod but does your mod have that evil EXO-2000 giant robot mech?  I forgot the exact model but the thing was freaking indestructible.  If yes, is it the same stats as the Alpha 15 one or is it tuned down?  Thanks! :)

MarcTheMerc

Quote from: asquirrel on December 23, 2016, 02:55:08 PM
Hey Marc,
I'm not sure if it was your mod but does your mod have that evil EXO-2000 giant robot mech?  I forgot the exact model but the thing was freaking indestructible.  If yes, is it the same stats as the Alpha 15 one or is it tuned down?  Thanks! :)
yes the beast is mine but it has been tuned down but im open to further tweaks as needed. ;D

asquirrel

MarcTheMerc

sirgzu

Hi there, I added this mod a while with a bunch of other mods for testing and I noticed the merc energy pistol seems a bit OP compared to other weaponry. It has the range of a rifle and even though it has low dmg, at 900rpm still does extremely high dps. The price and description of the item don't suggest it should wreck this much havok though.

I would have it fire individual ammo, just like a normal gun pistol but with the extended range which fits with the passage in the description that says it is often used by medics.

asquirrel

Quote from: sirgzu on January 31, 2017, 04:16:31 PM
Hi there, I added this mod a while with a bunch of other mods for testing and I noticed the merc energy pistol seems a bit OP compared to other weaponry. It has the range of a rifle and even though it has low dmg, at 900rpm still does extremely high dps. The price and description of the item don't suggest it should wreck this much havok though.

I would have it fire individual ammo, just like a normal gun but with the extended range which fits with the passage in the description that says it is often used by medics.

Agreed.  That merc energy pistol is ridiculously overpowered.  What I usually do is try and target the merc energy pistol carriers with my snipers and take them out before anyone else in a raid.  Then I equip my guys with those pistols.  After that, the game is a piece of cake.  The thing fires so fast and is so accurate  it seems like you stun lock your opponents until they die.

Warforyou

Quote from: sirgzu on January 31, 2017, 04:16:31 PM

I would have it fire individual ammo, just like a normal gun but with the extended range which fits with the passage in the description that says it is often used by medics.

Agreed. I personally edited Defs to nerf this thing 10 times down after first time encountering it during the raid on their base. There was some common fire exchange going on and them some guys with this shitguns came in and I was like "WTF TEN MINIGUNS OUTTA NOWHERE" seconds before they shredded my whole crew. I mean this "pistol" has a range of a big rifle, the accuracy of the best sniper rifle and it fires just like several miniguns together.

LordMunchkin

You should do a custom map symbol for the mercs! Maybe something like the talon company symbol from FO3?  :)

Ruisuki

Can we see pics of the mercenaries alongside giants, mechs etc? Are the weapons balanced?

MarcTheMerc

I have added some more images the weapon image is a bit outdated but the mechs are their along side the giants.
However I have recently found my self short on time to work on the mod because I have been developing my own game.
Finally to answer the balance question I have balanced the gun over several iterations of feedback from the community however it may be a bit off center.

faltonico

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 11, 2017, 06:25:58 AM
..."Are the weapons balanced?"
Weapons are supposed to be deadly aren't they?
The only fair way for balancing a weapon is to give it to your opponents as well.