[A13] Beautiful Wood Floors

Started by isildor1990, May 30, 2016, 07:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isildor1990

Hey all,
welcome to my first Mod, that really is rather simple.

Description
Did you ever wonder why the, in your opinion, most beautiful Floors don't add any beauty? Well, I did, and simply wrote a mod changing it.

Features
-Wooden Floors give +2 Beauty, equal to Metal tiles.
-No new game required. Can be enabled and disabled anytime.
-Alternative Balanced Version: cost raised to 5 wood, work required raised to 250 (2.5 the amount)

Compatibility
Adding the mod to an existing game may result in having to rebuild your wooden floors.
Disabling the mod mid-game will definitely keep the wodden floors though.

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ltszs9ylu21o190/WoodFloorBeauty.rar

Balanced Version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/uxe7b2cncmewbjw/WoodFloorBeauty_balanced.rar

Any suggestions, or possible balancing requests are always welcome!

Cheers,
Isildor

Fridolin

Yes, i did..

So, thanks for this!
Construction costs could be twice as high as in the original.

isildor1990

Hey,

thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like it.
I just made a new, more balanced version, changing the costs from 3 to 5 logs per tile. with that it equals Metal tiles in cost, giving the same amount of beauty too.

RazorHed

Ohhhh This gives me a great idear !!! Human meat floors !  Carcass floors !

isildor1990

Oh god, please no carcass floors xD. tho I can make an extra mod for it, if someone gets me the sprite for it :P

Fregrant

Good mod, maybe work amount need to be raised to 300-400. By default, wooden floor is like 90 and steel one is 500. We are making fancy wooden floor, not some nailed down curvy boards.

Fridolin

isildor1990

Heya,

Thanks for the feedback Fregrant!
changed the amount of work required to 250. This is indeed Quality Flooring, but it doesn't quite require as much time as smelting metal and shaping it to be beautiful :P

Also, Fridolin:
You do not need a new game, you can enable and disable this mod at any point of time, to get the bonus afterwards, or remove it again.

Fridolin

Good to know.

Thanks for reply.

EDIT: balanced version: old wooden floors = sand. cost = 3. work amout = 5.

isildor1990

Weird, it definitely works for me to enable and disable at any point.
You should be able to rebuild them though!

Also, Work of 5 is normal, as the game translates the actual work required into a short number. Metal tiles have a work of 9, while in the file specified as 500.

I'll edit a warning that enabling the mod mid-game can result in having to re-build the wooden floors. Thanks!

DAOWAce

I will be very disappointed if Quill doesn't use this.

isildor1990

Hah, and I'd be crazy Honored if Aavak or Quill18 use it :)

Fridolin

hey, this mod isn't compatible with faster floors, load after: no speedbuff, load befor: no beautybuff. is it possible for you to make a patch?

i like your mod, also i can't play without faster floors.

isildor1990

I'll take a look at it. compatibility with mods that change other mods is new to me.
I'll keep you updated^^