Made a song for RimWorld today, feedback would be great!

Started by Peppsen, May 30, 2016, 07:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peppsen

I was bored and found a melody I made awhile ago that is somewhat RimWorld themed? and wrapped up a song in about 3 hours
I just wanted to share it and I truly want to know what you guys think suits RimWorld and what doesn't.

You can listen to my song here
I made a music mod including this song, check it out here

Tagasaki

Awesome song!

It could suit the RimWorld, but to have this song played in the most intensive raiding will be awkward. XD

Nonetheless it is awesome!

cultist

Nice little tune. You've hit the general style of the "quiet" (no raids) music from Rimworld pretty well.

Justas love

Super awesome, fits in very very well. Make a mod immediatly

Peppsen

Thanks guys, really appreciate your comments!

Quote from: Tagasaki on May 30, 2016, 11:59:22 AM
It could suit the RimWorld, but to have this song played in the most intensive raiding will be awkward. XD

You can specify when the song plays quite easily. Day, night, anytime of day or when a raid hits.

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

great song, would probably make for a good song when a colony is recovering well from an attack or just doing well in general and everyones happy
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Vaporisor

I would love that to start the colony to.  I seriously would.  Land, and getting moving.  Simple, small events at that point of game and very down to earth feeling.

Wonder if Tynan can do that.  I am extremely liking the tune.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

milon

Awesome tune, I really like it!

If you want to make it more RimWorld-ish, make the low or mid range instruments a little more prominent.  Actually, I think just bringing the guitar to the forefront would do it.  At least, I think that would make it a little more like the others.  But I haven't exactly made a study of RimWorld music.

Either way, I love it and it's definitely a happy tune for the start of a new game or for a sunrise.  :)

EDIT  - I really wish picosong had a Loop button.  I've listened to it 4 or 5 times in a row now.  ;D

Peppsen

Thanks for the response guys!
I'll keep in mind what you said milon when I start working on new material.
Next week I'll have a lot of time, so stay tuned :P

Dive

That's a really nice song, it would totally fit in the game :) Good job, keep it up!

milon

Quote from: Peppsen on June 01, 2016, 01:53:28 PM

Eh, it's just my opinion.  And opinions are like armpits - everyone has them.  ;)

Anyway, don't use my idea unless you think it's good.  I couldn't compose a tune to save my life. ;D

The-MathMog

Quote from: milon on June 02, 2016, 12:23:31 PM
Eh, it's just my opinion.  And opinions are like armpits - everyone has them.  ;)

Anyway, don't use my idea unless you think it's good.  I couldn't compose a tune to save my life. ;D
Except that guy who raided the colony and got both of his arms shot off :(

Mossy piglet

Quote from: milon on June 02, 2016, 12:23:31 PM
Quote from: Peppsen on June 01, 2016, 01:53:28 PM

But... I don't have armpits.
Tardigrades are superior to all other life forms in every way.

Ps I secretly am one I am the king of their civilization.

ItchyFlea

I quite like this. Listened to it a couple of times now. :)
I'm looking forward to listening to your next song.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created