[1.0-1.2] P-Music - Adds 26 new fan made songs

Started by Peppsen, May 31, 2016, 04:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love

Hey, I hate to bag on one of your songs, but I notice that v9 plays the song 'Astral' when the game starts up. I really feel like this song holds on notes for far too long, it can be kind of annoying to listen to. When I first started my game with v9 it was holding on the first note for so long I thought the sound messed up.

Peppsen

Quote from: Love on December 21, 2016, 09:44:27 AM
Peppsen, I notice your MusicMemoryFix.dll has a last modified date of October 28th. I'm still trying to check with Zhentar if it's even still necessary, but in the download I provided above I recompiled it for A16. Please use that for your mod in the meantime.

With the version I gave out, it seemed to work fine and it uses less RAM when in use than without it. I'll change it to your updated one if you think it's necessary.

Quote from: Love on December 21, 2016, 10:01:59 AM
Hey, I hate to bag on one of your songs, but I notice that v9 plays the song 'Astral' when the game starts up. I really feel like this song holds on notes for far too long, it can be kind of annoying to listen to. When I first started my game with v9 it was holding on the first note for so long I thought the sound messed up.

I was already sceptical about adding it and asked for feedback on Steam, nobody really mentioned it so I left it there. Since the feedback now is negative I'll take it out

Love

Quote from: Peppsen on December 21, 2016, 04:05:13 PM
With the version I gave out, it seemed to work fine and it uses less RAM when in use than without it. I'll change it to your updated one if you think it's necessary.

It might not be necessary, then. I just think it's good practice to recompile for every build just in case. But if you do change to it, test it, because you might have different code than I have access to (I got the source code off Zhentar's reddit and I don't know if he changed it).

Peppsen

Quote from: Love on December 22, 2016, 01:15:18 AM
It might not be necessary, then. I just think it's good practice to recompile for every build just in case. But if you do change to it, test it, because you might have different code than I have access to (I got the source code off Zhentar's reddit and I don't know if he changed it).

I changed it to your version and it is necessary since it uses less RAM, which is always good.

dearmad

Thanks for this Peppson. This is incredibly generous of you to make a mod like this!

CodyRex123

This mod is awesome, and while the music you made isn't completely seamless with the game, its fits very well.
Awesome job, hope you keep this updated because the current RimWorld music hasn't been changed or added onto for so long. XD
Dragons!

Zhentar

Quote from: Peppsen on December 22, 2016, 09:24:32 AM
Quote from: Love on December 22, 2016, 01:15:18 AM

I changed it to your version and it is necessary since it uses less RAM, which is always good.

Interesting. I'll have to take a look because it shouldn't be needed in A16 at all.

Peppsen

Quote from: Zhentar on December 29, 2016, 06:12:46 PM
Interesting. I'll have to take a look because it shouldn't be needed in A16 at all.

I tried again without it and it used less RAM than the first time around. It might not be my mod that changed it, maybe it was something else. I already took it out from the Steam version since it was causing problems, I'll probably take it out here too

Quote from: Mattx0x on December 29, 2016, 05:46:07 PM
To be honest the music here is good, but not good enough for my tastes. It hit's the right tone (western) but I prefer something different. I was using it months ago but found the music started to get very repetetive- since then you have added more tracks and I can see your improving. Maybe consider a redux of the first song, which had some vanilla soul

I appreciate your feedback and I can agree with you somewhat. Some of my songs were a bit forced and didn't create them as naturally as the first song. I'm glad you tried it out!

potatoroid

I just wanted to say that these songs are amazing, never stop doing what you do :D

cesarjunior233

Komyets

Glad to see this is still going, thank you very much for adding these songs,they really break the monotony of the game's long hours haha

amodchecker

haven't tried this mod yet but it looks good, you mentioned samples in your OP and i started to wonder if you might want some ukulele sounds to play around with, or even a song (just so long as its not in the key of E, that key isen't easy to play on the ukulele)
you can include my mods in your mod pack,  but you must give credit to me and there must not be any amount of money involved,

you can make mods of my mods as long as you give credit

you must inform me if you use my mods in any way shape or form

BTAxis

"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

slaveofpeon

Aww, I rather liked Astral, even if it felt long. Always made me think of open skies and barren plains, when the sun rises on a new day. Made it even more special when it was one of the first songs upon popping the first escape pods. Like opening your door and just seeing the Australian Outback first thing in the morning with a cup of coffee. 
Don't mention the elephant in the room, since no one knows it exists if we make a rule against it and never talk about it.

Mention Rum, Get Sixxed

AKillerCoconut

Just wanted to say, this music is awesome and fits in super well. I love it, sad i didn't download this sooner. Thank you for putting this together.  :)