[1.0-1.2] P-Music - Adds 26 new fan made songs

Started by Peppsen, May 31, 2016, 04:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samuk190

Why you don't use .ogg songs? convert them to ogg and it will use less memory blocks. I think the setted blocks are for.. Look at resources folder, all musics are storage inside the .unity assets. That's only possible with .ogg as i think.

samuk190

ps: My PC have 4.5GB available... Its a crash of storage memory blocks. eg:
1 vector int[2] support 8Bytes and you trying to storage 16Bytes, Data loss, Crash.
I will try to fix converting to .ogg and making it smaller. I think there is a limit per music that the rimworld can hold until crash.

samuk190

Quote from: samuk190 on November 15, 2016, 09:38:21 AM
Why you don't use .ogg songs? convert them to ogg and it will use less memory blocks. I think the setted blocks are for.. Look at resources folder, all musics are storage inside the .unity assets. That's only possible with .ogg as i think.
I fixed!! Convert the .mp3 to .ogg
It fixes the lagg and the map generation BUG!! FINNALYY OH may GooD
Download my version of your mod:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9osDl0Ll7nuekRxVW8ycGtiRW8/view?usp=sharing

.Ogg are core compatible with the rimworld, so no bugs anymore. And it will run in any platform windows/linux rim world versions with no lag.

Zhentar

If you have the MusicMemoryFix assembly, and the InjectorDummy def is the first def loaded for your mod, then songs will use very little memory. Otherwise, the only thing you can do is limit how much music you use; the game decompresses them during load so the file format doesn't matter.

samuk190

.OGG no bug here.. .OGG is standart for all games... its better compression and its load faster..
Look... Mp3 codecs are heavier and not compatible with linux systems that don't have mp3 codecs.
.OGG is standart and Its used inside the core library. Test yourself. I added alot of musics and there's no problem anymore with mapgeneration bug. Yea .OGG
Oh.. and there's no  lag anymore.
Also.. musics with more than 8MB is working with .ogg.. Test yourself Perppen

moonra

This may be a stupid question but... the different files have different songs, right? Or am I supposed to only use v8? You make no mention of that in the first post so that got me a bit confused.

Heresy

Quote from: moonra on November 26, 2016, 01:50:33 PM
This may be a stupid question but... the different files have different songs, right? Or am I supposed to only use v8? You make no mention of that in the first post so that got me a bit confused.

You could have read the changelog to instantly figure this out. You only need the latest release.

moonra

Quote from: Heresy on November 27, 2016, 02:34:21 AM
You could have read the changelog to instantly figure this out. You only need the latest release.

Oh, yeah, I always forget to read that, thanks.
But tbh I wouldn't expect instructions on how to use the mod to be there.

JAVAgamer

Sir, You are awesome!
Not only do you spend your time creating wonderful music, but you release it as FREE!

Peppsen

Yeah, this mod adds all the songs. I do have different mods for each song on Steam for those who only wants one or two songs. I could add it here too if anyone asks for it. You can also just move/delete a song you don't want from the mod folder if there's one song you don't like.

Dave-In-Texas

damn, this is a great addon, i wish i'd installed it long ago.

Thank you!

Peppsen

Trust Me (A song for A16) might be my last song for this mod as the song amount is almost as large as the OST and I want to move on to different kind of music. I will of course update this mod for every new Alpha and release. (for my mod that isn't much work)

If anybody knows a good game that lacks in the music department, let me know and I might take on another project. This has been an awesome, eye-opening experience and I thank you all for your amazing support and kind words. I would never have made more than one song without this amazing community! I have seriously been thinking about a career in music, because this is one of the few things I actually enjoy doing. My studies are sooo boring. I don't even care that my degree could make me "rich", I just want to do something I enjoy and find meaningful. I just need a roof, some food and my computer :)
Another reason why I'm "retiring" this project is because I'm leaving for compulsory military service in a few weeks.. Wish me luck!

Love

I've updated the mod for A16 (changing the version number and recompiling the Music Memory Fix with the A16 binaries.)

Enjoy.

https://mega.nz/#!yhBAESpA!x9-zYqxMuA4CS7H1RsKJgNZWdahMFEKEZc9dnbOaYPU

Love

Peppsen, I notice your MusicMemoryFix.dll has a last modified date of October 28th. I'm still trying to check with Zhentar if it's even still necessary, but in the download I provided above I recompiled it for A16. Please use that for your mod in the meantime.